What is okay for coffee sweetener?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I like coffee mate. The sweet kind with all the non-dairy chemicals.

Food is food. Don't be afraid of a few calories in the things you enjoy. Practice moderation, work it into your day, and find other things you don't enjoy as much to cut.
  • jwedebro
    jwedebro Posts: 17
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If I drink it black I can't taste any flavor at all except an overwhelming bitterness, regardless of if it's flavored with anything. My husband said there actually are flavors to different coffees! We had a test from 23andme (not just for this of course) and apparently some lucky people can't taste the bitterness (some as much, some at all) so it tastes fine to them black. Me, I just add regular sugar and creamer until it tastes okay to me, then log it.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Stevia usually, keep in mind the granulated kind isn't pure and will have nutritional value. I will also use honey if I can afford extra carbs.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use pure via stevia but only because Costco didn't have truvia last time I needed to purchase any. I wouldn't feel guilty about sugar though...
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Steviaaaaaaaaa / natvia is really good. Natural plant that has sweet leaves yet no calories.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    vs_shine wrote: »
    natural sugar is great, but I took a look at your profile and i see that you are still a good ways away from your final goal. Ya know, scientists these days say we shouldn't add any unnecessary sugar to our foods. i'd suggest doing what i do. Drink your coffee black. Taste it for what it is. try being strict with yourself and see how it goes :-)

No. No, they do not say that. They do say to make your weight loss gradual and satisfying, because it will take a long time to reach goal and then a lifetime to sustain and maintain. One 16 cal spoon of sugar is not standing alone between the OP and her goal.

Artificial sweeteners taste like crap. They just DO.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Sugar. It's only 16 calories per teaspoon. you can probably fit that into your daily calorie goal. All-natural too.

Oh yes!! Sugar!! :yum:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I've been using Splenda but worry about the chemicals in it. Today I was forced to use sugar and feel so guilty! What is a safe and calorie free or low calorie alternative to sugar to sweeten coffee or tea?

Whatever you want.sometimes I use sugar or stevia, other times I use splenda. It all depend on what I feel like.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    oldmomma wrote: »
    I have no qualms with using sugar. I don't use sugar in my coffee, but I love me some cinnamon+sugar toast, lol.

Yeeesssssss
  • Chester_2015
    Chester_2015 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    N