Zero calorie potato soup

Options
A few days ago,I noticed when I was logging my dinner caloric intake that the "potato soup with hamburger" that I had entered listed with no calories. I assumed it was an error. Having had the leftovers for dinner tonight, I saw that it does indeed supposedly have no calories. Obviously this is a mistake. Has anyone got any ideas about how it could be corrected? :o

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Did you make the potato soup yourself? If so, go back and use the recipe builder to create your own entry using your ingredients and serving sizes.

There are a lot of inaccurate entries in the database. If you didn't make the soup yourself, delete the one you chose and look through for an alternative that sounds more reasonable.

I made Baked Potato Soup over Christmas and it was about 400 cals/1 cup serving... just as a reference point.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Was this a store bought soup, or from the recipe builder? Either way, you may have to re-enter the recipe or product.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Soak the potatoes in water, then drink the water. That's probably pretty much zero calories.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy we now have a food item to point the "Looking for Zero Calorie Foods" poster to...
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've had that issue when I make a recipe sometimes. Go in an edit something, save it, then go back and change it to the correct amount. If you still have problems I would try using the old calculator or the website (if you used the app originally) or the app (if you used the website originally). Hope this helps!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Unless you entered the recipe yourself, it will be a user created entry which has been entered wrong. If you did enter the recipe, something went wrong (likely serving size). You're much better off entering the recipe yourself (if you made it yourself). It's certainly not 0 calories.

EDIT: It may be that someone has created a recipe and uses 1 gram as a serving size so they can enter however many grams they have, so adding 1 serve only adds 1 gram, which would likely round down to 0 calories. See what happens if you edit it to 100 serves.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    When I saw this thread title, I initially thought it was going to be a snarky "recipe" to the effect of:

"Ingredients:
    1 soup pot
    1 ladel
    air
    imaginations

Instructions:
    1) Place soup pot on burner and turn on heat.
    2) Stir the air in the soup pot with ladel.
    3) Lean over the soup pot, breathe in the air, and have warm thoughts of potato soup.
    4) Enjoy."

Anyway, I agree with kruggeri. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out!
  • acony_bell
    acony_bell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ha! too funny Kruggeri
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Soak the potatoes in water, then drink the water. That's probably pretty much zero calories.

Clean potatoes first, or some dirt may come off into soup adding calories.

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it says my 40 g of Shreddies is 279634927 calories (or something to that effect). It usually resolves itself but if it's persisting I suggest you add in your own recipe.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I had the opposite problem when I entered a recipe once. Instead of 6 tomatoes the site had picked 6 punnets of tomatoes, which have a surprisingly high calorific amount. Soon corrected. :)
  • crazyauntcheryl
    crazyauntcheryl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks, everyone! I now know how to enter my homemade potato soup recipe plus I got a few chuckles from the imaginative recipes for zero-calorie potato soup! :p