has anyone done a detox cleanse for the body before? if so did it help?

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I did a detox not 2 minutes ago. I honestly feel like I just lost 5 lbs.

I may need a new toilet.

The Taco Bell/Mexican food detox? I've done that one. Almost as effective as a case of food poisoning.

I personally love the "chug a medium Dunks iced coffee and then go for a run" cleanse. Cleans you right out.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Un needed. Cleanses sold by any company are just a way for them to increase income on the deception that you're cleaning out your body from junk. There's a reason why we're born kidneys and livers.

This
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

I may need a new toilet.

The Taco Bell/Mexican food detox? I've done that one. Almost as effective as a case of food poisoning.

I personally love the "chug a medium Dunks iced coffee and then go for a run" cleanse. Cleans you right out.

I like White Castle myself. Always does the trick.

• Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

I may need a new toilet.

Not gonna lie - salmonella was an AMAZING detox. Everything in my body voiding at once for about 6 hours straight? Mmm. Who needs blood, I tells ya. Blood = just more weight, amirite?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Zaftique wrote: »

I may need a new toilet.

Not gonna lie - salmonella was an AMAZING detox. Everything in my body voiding at once for about 6 hours straight? Mmm. Who needs blood, I tells ya. Blood = just more weight, amirite?

Bingo.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "detox" ...

"cleanse" ...

Meaningless Snake Oil.

You have wasted your hard-earned cash.

qTHxOZx.jpg

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Unless you're prepping for a colonoscopy, I can't see any other reason to bring that on oneself.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yes.
    I did a detox once called salmonella poisoning with a side order of sigmoidoscopy when the food poisoning took 4 weeks to clear up.
    It cost me about as much money and water weight as a store bought cleanse and resulted in about the same amount of actual fat loss- none
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think we have hit MFP bingo on thread topics today:

sugar - locked down
    pop is disgusting and the same as smoking cigarettes - locked down
    and now...detox ....soon to be locked down...

Yes it's a great day on the forums, lol and yes I got a MFP bingo.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely MUST do a "cleanse", and I am not advocating it one bit, then buy a $3 pack of that ballerina tea. It will flush you out and cost you a fraction of the super duper cleanse you're doing now. The ballerina tea is simply a laxative tea. Again I do Not condone this, but I have a feeling you're gonna do it anyway. It just totally grates me when people hand over fist fulls of cash for a glorified laxative disguised as a cleanse
  • TaraHancock827
    TaraHancock827 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really get a kick out of some of these discussions/arguments
    thanks for the entertainment...lol
  • wataneya
    Options
    Your body has full capabilities of detoxing itself.
    You don't need a detox and it could be harmful.
    My advice-don't do it!

I agree
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Okay. I am tired of people beating on others asking about cleanses. Op, yes, I have done Isagenix and am doing it again right now. I don't exactly do it for the "cleanse" aspect because, like many people on MFP will tell you, you don't need to be on a special program to detox/cleanse/get rid of impurities, etc. Your body does that on its own when you stop eating and drinking crap.

Now, since the Op asked, I did/do Isagenix for two reasons: 1) It may not be sustainable, but IMO it is a great way to kick start weight loss, and that's what a lot of people need in order to keep going. 2) I am unfortunately the type of person that needs to follow a strict program in order to see results and continue to discipline myself. It's not exactly all or nothing, more like all or mediocre.

I wish you all the best on your program!

Is isagenix also a harsh stimulant laxative?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Omg They come up at least twice a week! I wish people would utilise the search function. ...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ALL YOU NEED IS A GOOD SCHVITZ
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Omg They come up at least twice a week! I wish people would utilise the search function. ...

Is there a sticky about that? There should be. It has helped me from asking questions that may have started wars (except for my first post about fast foods, then I found the search function. Hee hee!! :blush: )
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter.. even if they do search, they'll post again if they don't like the answers they got in the previous posts.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A quick look at the OP's posting history shows this is just the latest in a series of fad approaches ... HGC (told to stop by a doctor), wraps, asked about phentermine ... claimed she eats 1200-1300 calories per day but burns off 1200 through exercise. I see a very unhealthy pattern.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A quick look at the OP's posting history shows this is just the latest in a series of fad approaches ... HGC (told to stop by a doctor), wraps, asked about phentermine ... claimed she eats 1200-1300 calories per day but burns off 1200 through exercise. I see a very unhealthy pattern.

From this laundry list? Yes.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Is there a sticky about that? There should be. It has helped me from asking questions that may have started wars (except for my first post about fast foods, then I found the search function. Hee hee!! :blush: )

There used to be a sticky on this board before they did the forum change. It didn't stop people from asking about different detoxes though.