Sample menu for a 1700 calorie day

Options
hi I need some ideas for breakfast lunch dinner & snacks for a 1700 calorie day... I have a 4 year old & 6 month old so the easier the food the better!!! Anyone out there w/the same or close to that would u mind sharing & giving me ideas along w/cal count for a sample of your daily eats? Ready set Go!!!

Replies

• sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1800, feel free to add me to see my diary.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, I am set at 1685, and I have small kids as well. Feel free to take a look.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Mine is open as well.
  • hlmcneil173
    Options
    Ok thank u all... How do I do that?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Ok thank u all... How do I do that?

Look at a diary? Go to a person's profile page (click the link under their picture) and if their diary is open it should list it under "Add Friend, Send a Message, View Diary". Some people only have diaries open to friends, others keep them closed completely.

Once you are in the diary you can scroll back through the days.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    5-12 oz chicken
    2 bags of veggies
    226 grams of yogurt
    1 scoop protein powder
    2 hard boiled eggs
    various snacks of preztles and chocolate
    possible ice cream
    homemade popcorn with 1 tbps butter

boom 1600-1800 a day- have said diary set about the same 1600-1800.

edit- I only have cats- not kids...and my one kid/cat only eats chicken and steak- she's very picky- the other two only eat kibble. so not so helpful I suspest.

I can't get any of them to eat veggies or fruits- <throws hands in the air>
  • laurenbfabulous
    laurenbfabulous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sooo... I'm excited to find other folks with kids to see their diary... and also feels a little creepy looking at what everyone is eating. Please tell me I'm not the only one?? I'm new to this so I'm excited to get ideas about what to eat. :)
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Sooo... I'm excited to find other folks with kids to see their diary... and also feels a little creepy looking at what everyone is eating. Please tell me I'm not the only one?? I'm new to this so I'm excited to get ideas about what to eat. :)

Personally I like looking through people's open diaries, and I don't think it is creepy unless people start judging what you eat...

I have been considering starting a group to share meal plans - I am trying to be more organized with creating a weekly meal plan and thought if there were a group of people who were also posting every week, and could add things like, "Kid Friendly" or "Low Carb" or other labels that people would be interested in that would be nice. I just haven't gotten that organized yet...

You can also search the forums for older threads - there are posts every so often about what people are feeding their families and their picky kids... Here's one from just the other day:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10059911/family-dinner-frustrations/p1
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted on here in forever but I just wanted to add that I also love looking at other people's food diaries. I have a real problem figuring out what to eat and I end up eating the same thing all the time. Looking at what other people with similar goals are eating helps me a lot. :)
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    People also might get some ideas from this link - it has sample days from 1200, 1500, and 1800 calorie limits.

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/weight_loss_diet_meal_plan
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to look. I have a toddler as well.
  • hlmcneil173
    Options
    Ok I am trying to get yo your profile by clicking on pic from here but it won't let me ?!?!?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Ok I am trying to get yo your profile by clicking on pic from here but it won't let me ?!?!?

Oh wait. Are you on the app? That has been buggy since the upgrade. Yeah, I think you have to do this from the website, not the app.

• hlmcneil173
    Options
    Yes I am!!! Ok I will try from the other
  • ClaudiaC1995
    ClaudiaC1995 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    People also might get some ideas from this link - it has sample days from 1200, 1500, and 1800 calorie limits.

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/weight_loss_diet_meal_plan

Oh my God this is awesome! Thank you for posting this! I just started and me and my bf eat very unhealthy. Partly laziness and partly because he's very picky, I could definitely convince him to eat some of these meals.
  • laurenbfabulous
    Options
    Haha, well I'm definitely not judging, more feeling relived that I'm not the only one sneaking a couple of guilty pleasures in to my calculations! ;) I'll make my diary open, but it's pretty short since I just started this. Thanks for all the food ideas!!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Haha, well I'm definitely not judging, more feeling relived that I'm not the only one sneaking a couple of guilty pleasures in to my calculations! ;) I'll make my diary open, but it's pretty short since I just started this. Thanks for all the food ideas!!

I don't consider any of the eating that I do to be "sneaking" or "guilty pleasures". I lost about 30 lbs and did so eating ice cream, pizza, drinking wine, etc. I just worked it into my day - no guilt!

• laurenbfabulous
    Options
    Well I'll work on not feeling guilty then! You're my inspiration that it can be done while not completely giving up everything. :)
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1700 cal a day weekly average for now. Usually that means varying from 1500-1600 on weekdays to 2000 and a bit over on weekends (because if I make pancakes or pizza for family you bet I want to eat them too :) ). My diary is public, feel free to look. Much is from the recipe builder though so you can't see all ingredients but at least you can get an idea from the title. Good luck!
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    feel free to look at my diary. I dont feel it is creepy to look, thats how we get ideas and how to help each other.