Flabby Arms And Thighs... :(

Options
OK...so I'm losing mega inches each week. I'm currently doing TurboFire every day and sticking to a healthy eating plan. My Abs are starting to show and my buns are looking great! Only thing is I still have wings (Oprah arms as my friend lovingly calls them...sorry Oprah <3 you) and wiggly thighs.

I love having a curvy bottom end...but I neeed to firm them up!! I'm tiny on top and really don't want to lose much more from there. PLUS...I don't have time to add to my workouts. What should I be doing? Will this eventually come? I thought about standing on my head all day since I seem to lose in that order...but I will take other suggestions...thanks <3 u!!!

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Best thing I've seen suggested is weights. Strength training is super important when you're losing weight.
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    Best thing I've seen suggested is weights. Strength training is super important when you're losing weight.

Maybe the strength training in TurboFire isn't enough for me :(
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to incorporate strength training. Try lunges for your thighs/legs; for your arms I'd suggest working on your triceps. Dips are an easy workout you can from home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjcgfu44sI. If you own any small dumbbells there are several other exercises you can do to workout your triceps.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My skin is very inelastic so I have the same problem when I lose weight. It takes about a month for my skin to shrink to fit. It may seem like an eternity, but keep in mind that you are doing everything you can to stay healhty and that's what's most important. Keep staying healthy...
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with the weights, and drinking plenty of water will keep the elasticity in your skin to help it bounce back and stay firm. Otherwise, the wings and thighs are just little mementos for us to keep to remind us of a time when we weren't so healthy :)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about legs, but for arms the best thing I can reccommend is Poi. If you haven't heard of it, look it up on You Tube. it's really fun and will have your arms toned up in no time without you even really realising. It won't burn calories, but it is fun and a fabway to impress your friends - especially if you do it with fire!

You can pick up an instructional DVD really cheap, but the best thing is just to buy some poi and have a go.

Enjoy!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    OK...so I'm losing mega inches each week. I'm currently doing TurboFire every day and sticking to a healthy eating plan. My Abs are starting to show and my buns are looking great! Only thing is I still have wings (Oprah arms as my friend lovingly calls them...sorry Oprah <3 you) and wiggly thighs.

I love having a curvy bottom end...but I neeed to firm them up!! I'm tiny on top and really don't want to lose much more from there. PLUS...I don't have time to add to my workouts. What should I be doing? Will this eventually come? I thought about standing on my head all day since I seem to lose in that order...but I will take other suggestions...thanks <3 u!!!

I'm sure you'll improve so don't give up...you're young and your skin is more flexible.

I also had to laugh when I read this , especially about standing on your head...me being 65 I wonder if that would change what gravity is doing to my body...LOL!!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    May I sugest ChaLean... She is awsome!

Sorry ChaLean Extreme (weight training workout)
  • stark23x
    stark23x Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Every trainer at my gym says that women (generally) neglect triceps and lats, and that's part - not all, but part - of why the wings are there. You have to lose fat the traditional way, but you can shape and fill with legit muscle by doing lat pulls and various tricep lifts. Help mitigate the wing effect.

For thighs, I got _no_ ideas. I'm a dude and I have the jiggle. Junk in the trunk too. Workin' on it the old fashioned way - slowly. :)
  • snowflakelaia
    snowflakelaia Posts: 214
    Options
    Hydrate the skin with lotion, and maybe you want to add some firming lotion. Always after working out, and of course, do not forget to do strength training, inner thigh exercises and kicks.
    It takes a while to get what you want, do not expect immediate results with anything...

Good luck! ^_ ^
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    Oooh...I never thought of firming lotion...I should add this to my regime!
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    I have Chalean Extreme...maybe I should do the Hybrid...hmmm...
  • carriecolleen
    Options

I'm sure you'll improve so don't give up...you're young and your skin is more flexible.

I also had to laugh when I read this , especially about standing on your head...me being 65 I wonder if that would change what gravity is doing to my body...LOL!!

Hehehe...I't's worth a shot!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options

I am built the same way to, I look "normal" on top and can even fit into junior tops. But its a whole other story on my bottom half grr my butt and thighs are where I carry most of my weight. It makes it hard to find jeans and shorts that fit well since I have a small waist.. but I heard that doing lunges and squats is supposed to help with that so jam keeping my fingers crossed.
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    I do chalean extreme burn circuit one since it came with my turbofire. i do it on my rest day or on a day when I only have a HIIT workout. she does a lot of tricep work! also, try adding weighted gloves during TF! I found some pink ones i want to get and they are only $15 through amazon!