Too many calories?

Options
ok so after I plugged all my info into this it gave me a # of 1700 cals a day to eat... To me this seems like a lot. I am 5'4 & weigh 196... I have 40 lbs of baby trying to lose. Does this sound right or should I adjust it?

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me. Two things:

1) What is your activity level like on a daily basis? Do you exercise, how often, how long and what kind?

2) Are you breast feeding?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I weigh 160lbs and I eat no less than 1900 calories to lose weight. So no, at your weight that's not likely to be too much.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How active are you? How many pounds per week did you set MFP up as?

Your BMR is 1643 ... 1700 really isn't a lot.
  • hlmcneil173
    Options
    Ok thank u... Dumb question but what is bmr
  • hlmcneil173
    Options
    I am not breastfeeding anymore &!i walk in my very hilly neighborhood about 3 times a week for about 30 min for now until I get use to hills...I set it up for me to lose a lb a week
  • mzdondiva718
    Options
    I am not breastfeeding anymore &!i walk in my very hilly neighborhood about 3 times a week for about 30 min for now until I get use to hills...I set it up for me to lose a lb a week

This seems very similar to mine I'm 5"2 and weigh 180lbs I have it set to lose 1.5 a week and it allows me 1670 per day so I guess it's correct I honestly felt the same way that 1670 is an awful lot to eat and trying to lose weight so I try to leave 200 and above over a day vet few days it's over that due to my workout being added back but some days I leave back less than 200 but I don't go over at all. Good luck
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try it for a month, see how you do and adjust.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u... Dumb question but what is bmr
    BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate ... the number of calories your body burns just to keep basic functions working .. often referred to as the number of calories burned in a coma. The formula for calculating the caloric need of a sedentary person is BMR x 1.2.

Read ... learn ...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal#latest