Keeping your boobs when losing weight? (One for the girls!)

Options
jmgj27
jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
I've dropped 40lbs and have gone from a 36F to a 34E, which I'm pretty happy about (although they do seem pretty small to me!). I'm intending to head on down to 140lbs (when I can FINALLY break the 170 barrier, sigh!) and I'm wondering if I'll hang on to my boobs. My family's all busty so I've got my fingers crossed. What about your experiences? Did you hit a certain weight and say bye to the big boobs? Sorry if this sounds a bit weird but I didn't know where else to ask! :blushing:

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My boobs start to, geez, it's not like they shrink entirely, but they become less full, around 190#. Considering my goal is 165, I am not really looking forward to hitting goal. LMAO!

I have already figured that while I'm too chicken to get the surgery I'm probably going to need to get my stomach looking proper after I hit goal, my gift to myself after maintaining for a year will be a boob lift. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll get implants as well. I really don't want implants, but if all I'm left with is two flaps of empty skin, to hell with that!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    oh ya, and my mom, who has been thin her whole life, had big boobs for her frame before she got preggo with my older brother. They got ginormous after the pregnancy and when she dried up after nursing, they shrunk down to an A cup from a C cup pre-pregnancy. She's lucky, though, because having been skinny all her life and losing her boobs at a young age (mid 20's), shes now kickin it at 62 years old and has these awesome, perky boobs. Hmph.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I wanted to loose mine... I know that sounds strange. I just have never been a fan of them. I was always really athletically built so when I gained weight and boobs I felt so unattractive ( weird I know). Now that they are in a size that I like ( 34 small B or A - depending on the way the bra is made) I do stuff for Pecks to "keep them perky"
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I started at just over 200, and I'm down to 182 now. My measure day was today. I've lost about five inches in my bust already. :(

The last time I got thin, I went from a 42 DD to a 34 B. fun times.
  • brandilea_willoughby
    Options
    exercises which work your pectoral muscles (think mom and grandma pushing their hands together to make the girls bounce just a little) will lift what remains after weightloss. You won't fall away to nothing thanks to those boobie genetics, but they will shrink because they are a fat store. good luck and I wish you continued success with well developed pecs!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Can I loose another cup from Mine? Please? THe lowest Ive every been was 192 and I was still a Happy 38D, at my highest I was a 38 DD. Im hoping going down to 160 I'll finally be a C and able to find cute bras... but Im probably living in a happy dillusional world according the my wonderful Drs
  • nkenga
    nkenga Posts: 46
    Options
    My boobs stick around - they get somewhat smaller, but for the most part they are here to stay. When I weighed 115 pounds (MANY years ago!), I was a 34B. At 125 I was a 34C. At 135 I was 36D. Now, at 165, they are 36DDDish. It's the first place I gain weight, and the last place I lose it.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mine are already small enough, if I lose anymore I'm going to be very upset lol
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose mine too! I have always been rather large chested though, so I need to to be in proportion with the rest of my body! Plus---it's hard to find bras that fit.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, at my heaviest I got to 175 and had BIG C's. Every lady in my family is overweight-my mom's side is ALL overweight and they all have DD's or bigger! When I was younger I had NO BOOBS-i was VERY athletic. Well when I gained weight that was the only thing I liked about my body-then I lost 50 pounds and the boobs too.

I had gained 10lbs and then I started MFP and INSANITY, I am down 10 so I am happy but the boobs that had gotten a little bigger are now back to A's again. *sigh*

Oh well-I'd rather be thin and fit without boobs then overweight with them. It also makes working out easier when they aren't jumping around :) plus they never got "saggy" or loose skin like I've heard can happen-so I am still happy with them!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    I hope I can keep my boobs I am a 38C cup, and I want to remain in the C Range. Cause it balences me out since I have a big butt lol which I WANT to lose. Grr some days I can't stand my backside lol
  • ColeyCannoli
    ColeyCannoli Posts: 147
    Options
    This first time I lost a lot of weight I lost nothing from my chest at all, mostly from my hips and waist... this time though? UGH! All of it seems to be from my bust. I'm gonna be completely flat by the time I reach my goal :tongue:

I hate how I can't control what comes off first but I gotta remember this is good for my insides too
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh it makes me sad that so many people want to lose them! I currently have the exact same proportions as Christina Hendricks from Mad Men - just wish I could find the clothing to make it look as good as she does! I'll be sad if mine dip below a DD. I've had DDs since I was about 14 so it would just be weird for me. Plus - I don't know about the USA but in the UK you can get fabulous, beautiful bras (and amazing clothes) from bravissimo/Pepperberry - I swear by them and I think they ship to the US so I'd highly recommend them!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    i have lost a 110 pounds , and only 1 cup size. went from a DD to D. will be happy if i can go to a C-cup. makes it hard when trying to do P90X or any jumping activity .
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first thing to go. And I don't have any extra to spare, so it really is frustrating.
  • mesey
    mesey Posts: 4
    Options
    I went from a 34d to a 30-32D. But all the women in my family have big boobs naturally so.
    Btw I've lost 18 pounds so far.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Mine have definitely got a lot smaller, and I haven't lost that much weight, but quite a bit in inches.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That was the only thing I liked about my weight gain... I finally got up to a B cup!! Now that I've lost the weight again I think they are smaller than they were to start with =/ I'm not that excited about it but I guess I'm used to having small boobs anyway.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Nope. If you're the type that lost them like that you're going to continue to lose them. For me I'm really looking forward to being flat chested although I doubt that's going to happen.

What has happened is like you I've really reduced them, and wow am I thrilled. They were like down to my waist, now they're not. It helps to wear great maia bras to do all your sports activities and beyond. Mine are GREATLY REDUCED hallelujah!
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    I've never lost anything from the cup size, no matter how much weight I've lost or gained over the years. However, I do lose from the back size as you would expect.

At my heaviest I was a 42G, I'm now at 36G... still have a long way to go with the weight loss, but after so many years of wanting a smaller bust I've finally come to appreciate having the girls around...

When I've got to the weight I want to be I may consider surgery, not to increase/decrease the size, but to lift them back up to somewhere north of the equator!!!!