Les Mills Pump

Options
Is anyone doing Les Mills Pump? I am on week 3 and looking for some support and friends. (I couldn't find a group, if there is one I'd love to know) Txs

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing it now but I have done it and LOVED it! Feel free to friend me! :)
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I teach a modified version of pump...We use dumbbells instead of the barbell, all the exercises are pretty much the same. I don't know if there is a group, but if you have any questions feel free to message me!!! It's such a great workout. You will see yourself get stronger and stronger, and you will begin to see definition. The key is once you start to feel comfortable lifting a certain weight, then it's time to add on. You always want to challenge yourself, as you get stronger. If you stay lifting the same weights all the time, it will stall your progress. Good luck!!
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been doing body pump twice (and sometimes three times) per week for 2.5 years, except during periods of time when I was ill or injured.
  • qbredlipstick
    qbredlipstick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started! Friend request sent!
  • loridaisy1
    loridaisy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started last week! I've done it off and on last year. Love it,
  • lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 and loving phase 2!
  • pokegurl
    Options
    I started recently at the gym. It's great! Question for those fairly new, how much weight do you lift? I feel silly at 10 pounds (5 for triceps), but it's really all I can manage now.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I know it's a load of fun!
    Just a word of caution (and not trying to be disrespectful at all) be sure to watch your technique, as with any group class it's hard for the teacher to keep track of /correct everyone. Don't sacrifice your technique in order to use heavier weights.

Apart from that, GOOD LUCK! :smiley:
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do pump 3 times a week and is my favourite class, watch your technique and when it starts feeling comfortable up you're weights. I do combat as well and love that aswell. Trying a spinning g class this week.
  • BC1966
    BC1966 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    started last night, the lunges kicked my butt
  • lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    Options
    i do it at least twice a week - LOVE it! will send you a friend request! motivation and support is the key to our success!!
    #committogetfit
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to do pump a few times a week and flow once a week, I loved it!

I just ordered the dvd set from beach body since the gym isn't as convenient with 2 kids working full time. Hoping to get back into it this way!
  • MGDerner
    MGDerner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to take a class that was very similar to Body Pump a few years ago, and now I am just waiting on my Pump DVD set to get here so I can start back up! I'm finishing up Combat now, and if anyone is wondering about that workout, it's my favorite workout ever by far, and it's on sale! :)
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I go to a gym that has all of the Les Mills classes. I do pump once a week and I really like it. My advise is to try not to go to heavy at first. I made that mistake and paid dearly for it. I thought that since I was lifting an amount of weight during my training sessions I could use that same amount for my pump class. Well I didn't focus on one group for 6 minute song either. HA

Have fun and enjoy!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I loved pump when I was was doing it. Sigh i miss that class. You feel so awesome afterwards