Cooking Magazine Recommendations

Options
teeseeytopcat
teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
Hello ....I enjoy trying "healthy" recipes & have looked through Cooking Light & Eating Well magazines. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on these magazines or if you have other recommendations.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't really use magazines anymore. I am obsessed with skinnytaste.com website
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I use pinterest for recipes often, but I make several new recipes out of Cooking Light and Bon Appetit every month. I've subscribed for years.
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Food Network Magazine...Love Love Love it! But you have to make a lot of swaps for healthier ingredient's sometimes they list them. Food Network.com is wonderful too. I just made a Apple Pork chop and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner and it was undr 415 calories and I made a little salad with it. It was a hit in my house...who knew....I also made this wonderful Taco Bake that was under 400 calories and it was a hit as well... That recipe was from Weight Watchers...They have great recipes that are low cal filling and taste ggod too. I have tries a few from there and they all seem to be good.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a glance-at-the-recipe-and-change-it-til-it's-unrecognizable, but I like Cooking Light and Clean Eating. I did this without the breadcrumbs

Does Weight Watchers still have a magazine? I remember buying it years ago and cooking out of it a few times.

My mother gets Taste of Home and I've seen a few low-cal recipes in there. The only caveat there is that I pretty much already know how to assemble high-sodium packaged goods and I'm trying to branch out into more from-scratch cooking, and they don't seem to have as many of those.