info on fat burners

Anyone know any fat burners that actually work? That you have experience with

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Tried most of them. Waste of money. They are dangerous to use long term and even short term use can cause damage to your organs. It's best to learn a balanced approach to fat loss now. One you can sustain long after you reach your goal.
  • chuck636
    chuck636 Posts: 258 Member
    I'm doing fairly well so far,just looking for an edge if there's one out there
  • josephwelch7739
    josephwelch7739 Posts: 7 Member
    Here is more info than you need.

The current formulations of fat burners do not work.

The original fat burners were originally based on the ECA stack. Ephedra Caffeine and Aspirin. Ephedra was commonly produced synthetically, and when lab produced has a similar molecular structure to Methamphetamine. It is also found naturally in the mua-hang (spelling?) plant.

Studies conducted by several universities, and the FDA found that yes, ephedra does help in short term weight loss. The FDA also decided that the long term health effects made it dangerous, and banned the use of it. (Not sure of the size of the ban) In 2006 the court of appeals agreed with the FDA and finalized the illegality of using Ephedra for weight loss products.

Most companies switched to the mua hang plant. Which as many people will tell you does not work. Although it will raise your blood pressure and heart rate.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Caloric deficit is the best one imo
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2015
    Have looked into it lots. Yohimbine apparently works, if you're already pretty thin. I decided against it and had a hamburger instead, after reading the side effects.

Would be great if we could still get ephedrine... too many people misused it and ruined it for the rest of us.

Copious amounts of ashwaghanda might help - because it has been shown to reduce cortisol.
    -
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Have looked into it lots. Yohimbine apparently works,

Would be great if we could still get ephedrine... too many people misused it and ruined it for the rest of us.

-

Do not take these two together, I know someone that about had a heart attack doing that.

We can still get ephedrine here (MN), you just have to show your I.D. at the pharmacy.

There's always clen, but I think that has been banned pretty much everywhere

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    dinosnopro wrote: »

-

Do not take these two together, I know someone that about had a heart attack doing that.

We can still get ephedrine here (MN), you just have to show your I.D. at the pharmacy.

I was going to suggest winstrol....but I figured he didn't want to go down that path.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

-

I was going to suggest winstrol....but I figured he didn't want to go down that path.

Yeah...that was meant more tongue in cheek. I still haven't figured out that sarcasm font. ;)
  • chuck636
    chuck636 Posts: 258 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

-

Ha that would be nice to get my hands on that lol