What's the best way to dry up in locker room at gym?

Options
I never liked showering much till I got home, but now wanna swim too after workouts. When you go to the gym and shower, where do you dry up after you shower? By the shower or by your locker? And how do you avoid dripping wet like when there are others by your locker? That's what I'm having a hard time understanding.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My old gym had those body dryer things like they have in some amusement parks. You just stand there and this massive things blows your whole body dry really quickly.

Other places - and I always shower after swimming AND rinse my suit out (unless you have money to blow, always rinse the suit immediately - it'll last so much longer) - a towel works nicely. I dry after I shower and dress at the locker. If there's drip page, I dab. If your gym doesn't have a suit spinner to dry the suit, get one of the speedo bags. They're freaking awesome. Expensive, but worth it.

It's not really all that hard, lol. You'll find your way through. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    My gym's got a small, say, 3' by 3' space in front of the actual shower that has a cloth curtain in front of it. You've got this space, then the shower door that leads to the actual shower. Frankly, I'm fully dressed most times by the time I come out of the shower area. The showers aren't all that busy at my gym - I actually once overheard someone making fun of the concept of using them rather than showering at home :) My drive is long-ish though and the way I work out, thanks but no thanks I don't want to funk up my car
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Lol. Our gym does not know the concept of curtains. There is a large antechamber in front of the showers and everyone sort of dries up there. There aren't that many people using them though.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I dry off a little in the shower then wrap the towel round me

Might need an extra few pats by the lockers

But generally I don't swim enough to worry about it as I'm a bit of a gym junkie at the moment and will have a long hot bath at home instead
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I dry off a little in the shower then wrap the towel round me

Might need an extra few pats by the lockers

But generally I don't swim enough to worry about it as I'm a bit of a gym junkie at the moment and will have a long hot bath at home instead

I guess I'm wondering what someone does when another person has a locker next to them and they are wet. Weird question, I know.

"someone" would avoid eye contact I assume
  • QuixoticParody
    Options
    Eh. Nekked is just part of locker room life. A "normal" strategy is to stop dripping and dry those naughty areas, then wander to locker for dressing.

"Conservative" version is to toss some boxers on after ^ and wander to the locker.

"Confident" one is to be bold as day. Don't forget the captain Morgan pose at the bench.

Tbh. Nobody cares. I'm a BIG girl and when I go, the successful white collar or gym junkies are there. Quite often I'm the largest of both men and women on the fat issue. Gotto captain Morgan as payback for the skinny/fit people to remind them to work out. Doing a public service is really fulfilling at the end of my day!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Use the hand dryer in the bathroom... bonus points if you swing your junk around doing it. :laugh:
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Eh. Nekked is just part of locker room life. A "normal" strategy is to stop dripping and dry those naughty areas, then wander to locker for dressing.

"Conservative" version is to toss some boxers on after ^ and wander to the locker.

"Confident" one is to be bold as day. Don't forget the captain Morgan pose at the bench.

Tbh. Nobody cares. I'm a BIG girl and when I go, the successful white collar or gym junkies are there. Quite often I'm the largest of both men and women on the fat issue. Gotto captain Morgan as payback for the skinny/fit people to remind them to work out. Doing a public service is really fulfilling at the end of my day!!

Bahahaha! There is so much WIN in this post. :smiley:
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    tszocgopls8f.png
    7.png 144.8K
  • QuixoticParody
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Use the hand dryer in the bathroom... bonus points if you swing your junk around doing it. :laugh:

I'd say "video or it didn't happen" but that's just plain creepy.