56 y/o from Texas! Excited to be here!

Options
bevdunn430
bevdunn430 Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I have 30 pounds to get rid of. I hate what I see in the mirror. I do good for awhile then .... This time I'm going to do it! I may need some help along the way. Hope I can rely on some of you for encouragement and support. I'll do the same for any of you.

Replies

• FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I, too, looked in the mirror one day and just couldn't believe what I saw. It's a harsh wake-up call, but for me it's what it took. Your enthusiasm is great, and you'll definitely find like-minded people here on MFP.

Best wishes on your fitness journey!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I have lost 86 pounds using MFP!
  • bevdunn430
    Options
    I, too, looked in the mirror one day and just couldn't believe what I saw. It's a harsh wake-up call, but for me it's what it took. Your enthusiasm is great, and you'll definitely find like-minded people here on MFP.

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

Thank you for your encouragement! I feel if my mind stays positive then my body will follow. I have been to the gym 3 nights a week since the new year and I hope to add another night soon.
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bevdunn430 wrote: »
    Thank you for your encouragement! I feel if my mind stays positive then my body will follow. I have been to the gym 3 nights a week since the new year and I hope to add another night soon.

Very nice!! Keep in my mind, full body workout--many people assume that focusing only on cardio is the key to losing weight, when in reality, light strength training will round out your routine and even help enhance your cardio sessions!
  • mair1959
    Options
    I also have at least 30 pounds to lose. I started my journey two days ago. Let's boost each other! Good luck!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i have 30 pounds to lose as well. I have started messed up and started over again. Good luck and I will send you a friend request. Maybe we can help each other!!
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I have been on the journey since October. Struggled with weight all my life and have lost the same 70 pounds three times. Working with nutritionist, Doctor and MFP. Down about 40. Great people here ready and willing to support..
  • bevdunn430
    Options
    mair1959 wrote: »
    I also have at least 30 pounds to lose. I started my journey two days ago. Let's boost each other! Good luck!

• bevdunn430
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! Good Luck this week staying on track. Little by little we will get to our goal!