Training for a half marathon...would love some fellow fitness fiends for encouragement :)

Options
Please add me if you're starting fresh, already near your goal or just showing interest in Fitness Pal. I'd like some encouragement and inspiration during my training program over the next couple of months!

Replies

• BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just started training for my first half as well...would love some friends who are also :)
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm still a baby runner but slowly building up to longer distances.
  • Crossfitjessi
    Options
    I ran a full last year. Focusing on strength now. I found that the recovery on marathons is the hardest part. It was 6 weeks before I was back to my baseline.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    My first half falls on 2-8 which also happens to be my 41st birthday. Feel free to add me
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    add me...i have ran a couple of halfs, training for one now also...if you are using garmin you can connect with me there as well...or mapmyfitness
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Here's an entire thread full of awesome people who are currently training for HMs. :)

I have one next weekend, but am currently staring up from the very foot (week 1, day 4) of Mt. Everest, a marathon plan.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half in March, training now. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am new to running and just took it up the 1st of the year. Not training yet for a HM but working toward a 5K and 10K at this point. I am up to just over 3 miles now. Anyone can feel free to add me I would love some more running friends for motivation and hopefully to help motivate. A HM will be in my future, just not at that point YET!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for my first 2 half marathons this year, feel free to send a FR :)