Tip for fellow pizza addicts

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Amisha136 wrote: »
    Thickly sliced zucchini brushed with olive oil front and back, slathered with marinara, and coated in lots of good mozzarella - baked in the oven - also does the trick

that is no pizza..

just because you put sauce and cheese on something does not make it pizza...
  • ajhouse
    ajhouse Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We have made pizza with a homemade crust of wheat flour and greek yogurt. We've also made a crustless pizza, using cream cheese, parmesan cheese and egg to make a crust-like bottom. You just have to eat that one with a fork. Its not a bread crust, but its cheese so its not all bad :)
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    kksoucie wrote: »
    I do understand!! My solution was to make my own english muffin pizzas. Not quite like a regular pizza but very good and easy to portion out, Yummy!!
    I was thinking of doing something similar with a whole wheat tortilla!
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is my freaking weakness too. my two cents----save it for your cheat day and don't order a large. No way I can keep it to one or two slices. I just know that about myself. Order a personal or small thin crust.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    42carrots wrote: »
    Can you imagine the anxiety and neurosis that would occur if a bunch of MFP people got together for a pizza party? What a terrifying nightmare

haha I love this whole thread
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    CARidge727 wrote: »
    Portion control is definitely key to addicts.
    yes, just tell a heroin addict it can only have one shot a month.... The thing about being an addict is that you don't have any control over the matter you are addicted to. You just want all of it. Really bad.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yes, just tell a heroin addict it can only have one shot a month.... The thing about being an addict is that you don't have any control over the matter you are addicted to. You just want all of it. Really bad.

LOL for real ...

I can't believe we are comparing pizza addiction to drug addiction ..

another day in MFP world...
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Are we going to compare cheesecake to meth, now?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Wut?
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Options
    I love that plan!! I eat pizza on Friday just about every week, it's my daughter and I's end of the week tradition. Go home, relax and watch TV and order from Pizza Hut! :)
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options

Even though I used to weigh close to 400 lbs, I have to agree that food is NOT physically addictive in the same way that heroin, alcohol, and even nicotine or caffeine are. It IS, however, totally possible to develop a psychological DEPENDENCY on food as a means of coping. At the risk of opening up an entirely different can of worms I will compare it to marijuana, which according to most studies, is also not physically addictive.

• cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The only problem with frozen pizza is that I like eating frozen pizza. Crunchy.
  • maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've started swapping proper pizza for what they call Pizetta's here in the UK... They're like mini pizza's that are like long and thin. They are sold at most supermarkets, own brand and other, and come in at up to 500kcal for the ones I like and totally fix my pizza hit. I've also made them myself with dough because they are smaller and build the toppings up. Then have with a salad :D
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Amisha136 wrote: »
    Thickly sliced zucchini brushed with olive oil front and back, slathered with marinara, and coated in lots of good mozzarella - baked in the oven - also does the trick

Not pizza. Bye.

I laughed.

Though, it does sound good. I love trying new things!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Also, buying a slice works if you have that option nearby.

Hey people who scoff at creative uses of the word pizza... My grandmother was from Italy. She scoffed at putting mozzarella cheese on pizza! I guess if you want to be really authentic, you better pick a new name for your 'pizza', too. ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    have a slice or two of pizza...not the whole pie.
  • 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    42carrots wrote: »
    I'm addicted to pizza, could eat it every day. I can usually control myself and have only a couple slices, unless I've been drinking in which case I want to be a pizza black hole and absorb all the pizza in the world. If there is leftover pizza in my fridge, that's just, no - I will eat it all post-haste, cold, warm, hot, I don't care.

I've discovered that the optimal strategy for me is to buy a large pizza when I'm totally sober and just kind of want pizza, eat a slice or two, and then freeze the rest. Amazingly this works, I can leave it alone until I'm desperate for pizza, at which point I take out only the amount that is calorically responsible to eat and put it in the over to re-heat. It makes it a lot harder to impulse eatallthepizzabecausepizza, and I don't need to spend 3 hours making it from scratch or order delivery for way too much money and eat too much because it's right there. This probably sounds neurotic, but I'm willing to bet that there are other moderate-drinker-pizza-freaks on a budget out there who may want to give this a try, it sounds so simple and obvious but...okay maybe it is, but it's a greatly victorious strategy.

I have made this same wonderful discovery about freezing leftover pizza, but my reheating has all been done in the microwave, which is not the best method.

Would you please share your reheating instructions using the conventional oven? Thanks!

I set the toaster oven at 350C and it heats up quickly since it's small, I put the slices in frozen straight from the freezer and they actually reheat pretty quickly, not exactly sure how long a I usually just kind of helicopter in that general area pretending to do things of consequence mostly with a vague air of desperation until they're ready, I'd guess maybe 10 minutes
  • 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    have a slice or two of pizza...not the whole pie.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT NOT TO CRAM IN MY FACE!!

• Fleetwoodly
    Options
    I make pizza's out of tortilla's nowadays. Just top it with stuff you like, 12 minutes in a 200 degrees (Celsius) oven and you're good to go.

But yeah, I enjoy the real, fatdripping pizza's way more, but these are great for a quick fix and do the job too.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza using the pilsbury pizza crust, prego spaghetti sauce, and shredded mozzarella (I honestly like plain cheese pizza more than pizza with toppings). This way I know it's less greasy than parlor pizza and I can figure out the calories and not stress over it :)