I think I've hit rock bottom

Options
SugarBearRetired
SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Like an alcoholic, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom with your weight problem before you take real action. I think I've hit that. I got on the scale this morning and am at the highest weight of my life- 153 pounds. I am a 5'3" woman, so this is very high for me. When I got married 4 years ago I weighed 128 and felt pretty good. My current weight means two dress sizes larger. OK- time to get serious!!

Replies

• SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Like an alcoholic, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom with your weight problem before you take real action. I think I've hit that. I got on the scale this morning and am at the highest weight of my life- 153 pounds. I am a 5'3" woman, so this is very high for me. When I got married 4 years ago I weighed 128 and felt pretty good. My current weight means two dress sizes larger. OK- time to get serious!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to realize you need to work your way back up. If you only gain a few pounds, you might tell yourself that you're not THAT overweight so you don't need to watch what you eat or exercise.

Everybody here is very supportive so feel free to write about your ups and downs as you go.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Atleast you're doing something about it.

I hit "rock bottom" when my summer clothes started to fit snug.
    They were fitting loose at the beginning of summer.
    BUT... I do weigh less now than what I did on my wedding day which was 6 years ago and less now than I did after my 2nd pregnancy.

I have a cold right now so I don't have the energy to exercise.
    I guess I have to force myself a bit to do some sort of exercise.
    It's too cold out so a walk is out of the question.
  • momof2littleones
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm 5'4" and weighed 130 lbs when I got married 9 years ago. I've had two children who are 6yrs and 4yrs. I was able to lose the "baby weight" through breastfeeding. I weighed almost 150lbs when I started counting calories on fitness pal. I was embarassed because I had very few clothes that actually fit me anymore. I know I'm not extremely overweight but I could feel myself heading down that road. I just could no longer get away with eating whatever I wanted.

This program has helped me to realize how many calories I was actually consuming and that exercise is my key to losing weight. I'm much more conscious of what and how much I eat. Don't get me wrong I do have those days when I've gone over my calories for the day but I just get right back on track the next day.

Good luck and this is an awesome website to help you reach your goals.
  • denimangel
    denimangel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I hit rock bottom in February of 2003. I was at my highest weight every and decided that I had to do something. I started watching what I was eating and exercising every day. In a year I had lost about 30 lbs and more inches than I care to count. I then hit a plateau and have been there now for 3 years, gaining about 5 lbs when I had knee surgery. Now I'm back at it again and trying to lose and get past the plateau. This program really helps me to see what I am eating and how much i am actually burning off. Don't give up.. you have to believe in yourself.
  • sluker1
    Options
    I had a slap in my face when we took family pictures. I have 4 children and I weighed 128 at 5'4 when I married my husband 12 years ago. I recently weighed 163. OMG!! I can't believe I kept putting the pounds on. I am not an emotional eater. But I had got relaxed in my life. I have a great husband, wonderful children and had forgot about myself. I had been working 60 hours a week and decided to resign from my job. I think I had let myself go for so long. I am talking about mainly exercising. It is hard to find time when you work and are a mother of 4. I have now started making time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Good for you sluker ! Quitting a job is a great way to set your priorities straight. I quit my job and I hope to start my own business soon, and learn a new way to live! Good luck to you!

CMriverside.
This discussion has been closed.