Getting tired of my lunch!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I made a Pizzadilla for lunch! Take a whole grain tortilla with your favorite pizza toppings and fold like a quesadilla and cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping, grapes and baby carrots!
  • JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If I don't have any leftovers from dinner, my go to lunch is an english muffin sandwich made with Laughing Cow lite spreadable cheese and 2 oz of lunchmeat, some carrots, and another small side - yogurt, string cheese, an apple, etc. I also keep cans of Progressive soup on hand for a really easy grab and go.
    If I have time and the ingredients, I love a chicken salad sandwich made with plain Greek yogurt, diced celery and grapes with a tiny bit of garlic seasoning.
  • christyallison69
    christyallison69 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My go to lunch is oats, berries and protein. I cook a pot of steel cut oats on the weekend. The night before work, I put a cup of frozen mixed berries in a Tupperware type lunch container, put my cooked oats on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. I take a cup of plain, greek yogurt, mix it with vanilla protein powder, put it in a separate container, and leave it all in the fridge in my lunch bag. At work I microwave my oats and berries until hot, then top with the protein-yogurt. I sometimes add a bit of chopped walnuts on top. I know this is a breakfast-y food, but I don't like eating much in the morning. This is a very filling meal that lasts me the rest of the afternoon, hunger-wise, anyway.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do Cabbage soup with Smoked Turkey sausage in it.
  • acs3041
    acs3041 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sausage and bean soup. I use chicken sausage, spinach and white beans. If I don't have white beans, I use garbanzo. I'll add mushrooms, shredded chicken, turkey meatballs, whatever I have around. If you use good quality parmesan shavings on top you can skip the parmesan rind. It adds so much more flavor if you have one though!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/sausage-bean-soup-recipe.html
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thank You SportyRedHead for the cabbage link!
    My mom used to make cabbage rolls, this looks so much easier & quicker :smile:
  • ggyou
    ggyou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My go to lunch is oats, berries and protein. I cook a pot of steel cut oats on the weekend. The night before work, I put a cup of frozen mixed berries in a Tupperware type lunch container, put my cooked oats on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. I take a cup of plain, greek yogurt, mix it with vanilla protein powder, put it in a separate container, and leave it all in the fridge in my lunch bag. At work I microwave my oats and berries until hot, then top with the protein-yogurt. I sometimes add a bit of chopped walnuts on top. I know this is a breakfast-y food, but I don't like eating much in the morning. This is a very filling meal that lasts me the rest of the afternoon, hunger-wise, anyway.

This is an excellent idea for breakfast! Thanks for sharing. I've been just adding protine and peanut butter to my oats. This is a nice way to change things up!
  • SquatDonkey
    Options
    I'm always changing things up. I get bored with the same food fast, and with having a GF who is a chef, I'm always getting ideas. I've been on this for a little while: boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the crockpot until you can shred them with a fork, put in container. Salad: Spinach kale mix, chop up green onions then cook them down in a pan. You can wilt the spinach if you want. I don't. Then, regular salad stuff. Tomatoes, chopped pickles, olive oil, then portion out the chicken on top. Its basic, easy, minimal and hits all checkpoints.
    *I've changed over to baked chicken thighs with skin and bone. It'll change again next week.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    For breakfasts: Egg bake (eggs, bacon, cheese, jalapenos - but any combo would work). bake @ 350 x20 mins. Makes 9 squares. For me, a srvg is 2. OR hard-boiled eggs. Easy to put 2 in a baggie and grab and go. If you like you could always make like an egg salad with a tad of mayo if you have the extra calories.

Lunches: Leftovers. I always stock lunch meat, peppers & onions, etc to make a low carb version. This past weekend I cooked out: hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken sausage, chicken. I also made a batch of broccoli salad and sauteed peppers & onions.

Snacks: fruit, nuts, cheese, dried/dehydrated broccoli and kale chips, hummus.

Good luck!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    A while back, I got totally sick of turkey and cheese sandwiches in particularly and sandwiches in general, so I started trying different things - salads, chili, soup, dinnery-type stuff. Now, I vary regularly, although I see I'm on a Starbucks ham & cheese panini jag.
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always use Pinterest when I get bored. They have some amazing and healthy recipes to sort through.