Feeling weak

Options
2»

Replies

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    There are several causes of feeling light-headed, but I'm not sure that calorie intake in one of them. However, things like low sodium can cause low blood pressure. Dehydration can also. Occasional light-headedness is normal, but if it is frequent you should check with a physician.

....REALLY?!? Dating myself here, but look at the episode of Full House where DJ wants to look good in a bikini so she stops eating and starts increasing her exercise then she faints at the gym.....
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    There are several causes of feeling light-headed, but I'm not sure that calorie intake in one of them. However, things like low sodium can cause low blood pressure. Dehydration can also. Occasional light-headedness is normal, but if it is frequent you should check with a physician.

....REALLY?!? Dating myself here, but look at the episode of Full House where DJ wants to look good in a bikini so she stops eating and starts increasing her exercise then she faints at the gym.....
    Lol. Since I'm feeling nostalgic, do you also remember the scene from Saved by the Bell when Jessie is taking caffeine pills and freaks out? I'm so excited!!!
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »

Lol. Since I'm feeling nostalgic, do you also remember the scene from Saved by the Bell when Jessie is taking caffeine pills and freaks out? I'm so excited!!!

YES!!!!! there needs to be a like button on posts :smile:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Low blood sugar can cause light-headedness, but so can high blood sugar. Hence my statement. It isn't the lack of calories that causes light-headedness but the improper balance of nutrients in the blood. Sure, eating more might solve the problem, but so might increasing the carb intake without increasing the number of calories. Or maybe eating more salt or potassium, as the case may be. Maybe just drinking more fluids.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »

YES!!!!! there needs to be a like button on posts :smile:

There was a Degrassi (original, not the next generation) where Michelle did that too! Lol.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Gotcha, AliceDark, thanks!

Alice is awesome! :)
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    Gotcha, AliceDark, thanks!

Alice is awesome! :)
    Awww *blush*

It's really just that I have done stupid things at the gym and hurt myself many, many times, just because I was tired or not 100% focused. There's no way I would push myself to work out if I were having issues with light-headedness, because I would die.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat around the 1200+ calories a day.
    And never feel light-headed.

But i make sure i get the right nutrition and enough
    When i exercise i eat about 25% back from my burned calories. So i end up around the 1300 calories a day.

Everybody is different and being light-headed means ( when it isn't a medical thing) that you dont get enough food/nutrition's.
    You need more so eat more. Also drink enough.

Listen to your body. There are times that my body wants more fuel, lol and than i eat more.

When you eat healthy and give your body the right nutrition's you should feel energetic Specially when you lose a lot of weight.
    I feel reborn with what i am doing. And i lost a lot of weight in 91 days. I am like a hawk watching what i eat for the right amounts. It is even priority to my amount total allowance of calories.
  • katrinakoenig
    Options
    Thank you, Owlhouse!! I definitely get enough fluids, sleep enough and I eat a very balanced diet. Maybe it's not enough, but I will work on that. It might be my body adjusting to a new way to life, I suppose. I do have a lot of energy. Just occasionally I feel like maybe I need more fuel, like you say. Thanks!
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Owlhouse!! I definitely get enough fluids, sleep enough and I eat a very balanced diet. Maybe it's not enough, but I will work on that. It might be my body adjusting to a new way to life, I suppose. I do have a lot of energy. Just occasionally I feel like maybe I need more fuel, like you say. Thanks!
    More sodium, more potassium. See how you feel then.

• katrinakoenig
    Options
    Got it. Thanks!