Yet more name talk...

Options

Replies

• allroundthesun
    Options
    If I had a little girl I like the names Sophie or Rose.

Pretty pretty! :heart:
  • sherri31
    sherri31 Posts: 80
    Options
    My daughter is Daryl Teresa and my son is Brenden Douglas.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    kids:
    Ashley Taylor
    Brittany Leigh
    Mitchell Cameron
    Michelle Angeline
    Mac Alexander

and my grandchildren (so far :wink: )

Cloey and Jax
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter named Emerson October, and if I ever have a boy his name will by Towbin Arcade!

Great names
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Aydan Joseph :)
  • heyheidi
    heyheidi Posts: 1
    Options
    No kids yet, but the name I want for a girl has been picked out for years...Gracie Rose. I like Aiden for a boy...maybe Aiden Christopher.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's a really cool connection for them to have with one another! Did you adopt Kayla, Chiquitta, Ulishabelinda, and Nathaniel all at the same time, or over time? Tell me to mind my own business if I am prying, I'm just always interested in hearing about families' experiences with adoption, as it's something I think I might like to do myself one day.

No worries, I don't mind in the least sharing the story. Kayla, Chiquitta and Ulisha were all uplifted (taken from the bio home) at the same time. Kayla and Chiquitta were placed together in an emergency foster care family (emergency foster care families agree to keep the children until a perm placement is found, normally no longer than 6 months). Ulisha due to some pretty serious physical issues had to go to a "trained" caregiver. Kayla was almost 7, Chiquitta 1 1/2, Ulisha 9 months.

We got Chiquitta first on her 2nd birthday exactly. CYF stated that Kayla needed time on her own to be a kid as she had bascially been mum since these kids were born. After a bit, Kayla would then come to us. Due to some issues Kayla had (she was abused horrifically) - she was placed as an "only" child at first. We got her when she was just shy of 9. Ulisha by this time had come to us when she turned a year old and the severe medical issues were sorted. When CYF found out that the bio mother was preganant (with Nathaniel) the court order that he be uplifted "in utero" so basically they lost custody while she was pregnant. So, we ended up picking up Nathaniel at the hospital when he was 11 hours old.

The bio mother got pregnant AGAIN - a friend of ours wanted a baby BADLY - we suggested her family as caregivers, CYF agreed and Tiffany ended up with them.

Two years down the track, bio mum gets pregnant AGAIN. This time she took off (with father) and ran around the country for almost 2 years with Conrad. They were tracked down though and when CYF called - we said yes, we would take him :=)

Now, AGAIN, she's preggo! Court has ordered in utero uplifting - and judge as ordered us to be the caregivers :) So, new baby coming sometime in July :)
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My sons name is Elijah Asa

another cool name
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Oh, that's a really cool connection for them to have with one another! Did you adopt Kayla, Chiquitta, Ulishabelinda, and Nathaniel all at the same time, or over time? Tell me to mind my own business if I am prying, I'm just always interested in hearing about families' experiences with adoption, as it's something I think I might like to do myself one day.

No worries, I don't mind in the least sharing the story. Kayla, Chiquitta and Ulisha were all uplifted (taken from the bio home) at the same time. Kayla and Chiquitta were placed together in an emergency foster care family (emergency foster care families agree to keep the children until a perm placement is found, normally no longer than 6 months). Ulisha due to some pretty serious physical issues had to go to a "trained" caregiver. Kayla was almost 7, Chiquitta 1 1/2, Ulisha 9 months.

We got Chiquitta first on her 2nd birthday exactly. CYF stated that Kayla needed time on her own to be a kid as she had bascially been mum since these kids were born. After a bit, Kayla would then come to us. Due to some issues Kayla had (she was abused horrifically) - she was placed as an "only" child at first. We got her when she was just shy of 9. Ulisha by this time had come to us when she turned a year old and the severe medical issues were sorted. When CYF found out that the bio mother was preganant (with Nathaniel) the court order that he be uplifted "in utero" so basically they lost custody while she was pregnant. So, we ended up picking up Nathaniel at the hospital when he was 11 hours old.

The bio mother got pregnant AGAIN - a friend of ours wanted a baby BADLY - we suggested her family as caregivers, CYF agreed and Tiffany ended up with them.

Two years down the track, bio mum gets pregnant AGAIN. This time she took off (with father) and ran around the country for almost 2 years with Conrad. They were tracked down though and when CYF called - we said yes, we would take him :=)

Now, AGAIN, she's preggo! Court has ordered in utero uplifting - and judge as ordered us to be the caregivers :) So, new baby coming sometime in July :)

Oh wow, what an ordeal for the kiddos, they must be so strong! I'm so glad Kayla was able to enjoy being a kid finally and that Ulisha is healthy and that Conrad was found and brought home to you! :heart: And gosh, going to the hospital and bringing home such a tiny baby must have been such an experience! I'm so sad to hear what your kids went through, but how sweet that you found one another. :heart: Do they all see their sister Tiffany as well?
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I have two daughters. My two year old is Kai Lindsey, and my 8 month old is Kalani Caroline (caro-lynn) Lee...two middle names. :)

If I were to have a BOY tomorrow, I think I would name them Rhys (Reese)

If I had another girl...I have no friggin idea.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    i don't have kids but i want 3. i want 2 girls and 1 boy only because i already have names for them lol.
    i combined my mom and mother-in-laws names for the girls and my dad and father-in-laws names for the boy.
    my mom is catherine grace
    my MIL is carolyn anne

my dad is josiah henrique
    my FIL is robert william

so for my kids it would be:
    girls: carolyn grace (would be called grace/gracie) and catherine anne (would be called anne/annie)
    boy: robert henrique (would be called henri)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Dylan -15
    Alexandra-soon to be 4
    For my daughter is was either going to be Alexandra or Lilith (i think its pretty) but my hubby like alexandra better
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Oh wow, what an ordeal for the kiddos, they must be so strong! I'm so glad Kayla was able to enjoy being a kid finally and that Ulisha is healthy and that Conrad was found and brought home to you! :heart: And gosh, going to the hospital and bringing home such a tiny baby must have been such an experience! I'm so sad to hear what your kids went through, but how sweet that you found one another. :heart: Do they all see their sister Tiffany as well?

yes, they do :)
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    I adopted four kids. three are siblings. We let them keep part of their original name and added a new part. Kevonna Renisha age 8 adopted at 2 cameron Reginald age 12 adopted at 7 Reginald Joshua adopted at five had him since birth Amika Raquel age 10 adopted at 4. I am thinking of adding to the family again.
  • Karleyyy
    Options

This story is amazing. You are an amazing Mother!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Some of these stories are truely uplifting :flowerforyou:

Good for you ladies (and gents) who have made a difference.

I love for a girl

Leila Olivia - Ann

I love for a boy

Jack...still stuck on this one!

I love the normal old fashioned names...they're all coming back x
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have no kids and don't even want them but have names picked out. I know strange but I have had them picked out since I was in middle school and I still love the names. Both names are family names.

Boy - DeForest Charles
    Girl - Kathyrn Francis
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have an Ethan and a Kelsey now. If I were to have two more, I'd name the boy Camden or Jacob (or Jake) and the girl Piper or Riley or Emily.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My sons are William and Brayden.

My daughter is Kiera.
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    I have no kids and don't even want them but have names picked out. I know strange but I have had them picked out since I was in middle school and I still love the names. Both names are family names.

Boy - DeForest Charles
    Girl - Kathyrn Francis

Love DeForest!