Does using spices on food hurt your diet?

Options
I use spices when I cook meats, but the ingredients are zero across the board.. Is is still ok to use?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Definitely use spices! Makes your food taste good. You don't have to eat bland unappetizing food to lose weight. Spices are essential in my opinion!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Spices are very low in calories, I never count them.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I use spices on everything I eat, barely any calories so nothing to worry about.
  • whitespider360
    whitespider360 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good!!! I was really worried about that. Cause I've stopped losing and I thought maybe that was one of my problems.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I love me some spices.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Use those spices, I have never counted them.
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Yes for spices. But I prefer to keep my sodium as low as possible (and a lot of spices that come in shakers from the store are high in sodium), so I watch out for that. I like Mrs. Dash --no added salt.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I use spices in my recipes, and I enter them in the recipe calculator. You probably aren't missing more than 10 calories per serving though. I'm pretty sure there are entries for a "dash" of pepper. Salt has no calories. Things like thyme or oregano, just divvy up the tsp, like .5 tsp for half, .25 for 1/4 tsp, and .125, or just .1 for anything less than 1/8th tsp when "dash' isn't an option.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    jenmar17 wrote: »
    Yes for spices. But I prefer to keep my sodium as low as possible (and a lot of spices that come in shakers from the store are high in sodium), so I watch out for that. I like Mrs. Dash --no added salt.

If you use the spices rather than the seasoning mixes there are less issues with sodium.
  • ChrissyLowe13
    Options
    i follow slimming world recipes and its all about spicing up your food -in fact chilli is suppose to speed up your metabolism and turmeric is apparently extremely healthy for you - before slim world I hardly used spices- hope this helps-go for it and enjoy your healthy food
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Good!!! I was really worried about that. Cause I've stopped losing and I thought maybe that was one of my problems.

If you've stopped losing, chances are you're eating more than you think. Do you weigh/measure EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth (except spices)?