Eating 500calories/day

Options

hey guys, im doing dukan diet and i have calculated the calories im eating. It has been 3 weeks and im only eating 500calories per day and i dont lose any weight.. I kind of feel like my stomach is full but its really not. Help anyone?

Replies

• ak592
    ak592 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That sounds incredibly unhealthy, even dangerous.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Eat more? I started MFP by eating the suggested 1200 but wasn't losing, I upped it to 1800 and it seemed to help. But I don't know if that was it or not, I'm not as hardcore into this as others are.
    Good luck!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Few things: 1-you should not be eating only 500 cals a day 2- if you are and you are not losing weight, you are eating more than you think (not advocating a 500 cal plan, just stating if you aren't losing, you are likely measuring calories wrong) 3- what is the dukan diet?
  • elphie754
    Options
    EAK_09 wrote: »
    Eat more? I started MFP by eating the suggested 1200 but wasn't losing, I upped it to 1800 and it seemed to help. But I don't know if that was it or not, I'm not as hardcore into this as others are.
    Good luck!

Yeah.... No. If someone is not losing at X amount of calories, increasing makes no sense.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    This violates the guidelines. Your intake is dangerously low and you should seek medical attention if this has been an ongoing weight-loss method of yours. Start eating actual food.
  • ErinK09
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Yeah.... No. If someone is not losing at X amount of calories, increasing makes no sense.

Did ya notice how I said I didn't know if it is what helped me or not? Now thinking about it I'm going to go with yes since I didn't change my exercise habits.
    Thanks anyways....
  • elphie754
    Options
    Good luck!

Did ya notice how I said I didn't know if it is what helped me or not? Now thinking about it I'm going to go with yes since I didn't change my exercise habits.
    Thanks anyways....

So you a re super special snowflake that defies physics? Oooooo okay.
  • ErinK09
    Options
    Good luck!

Thanks anyways....

So you a re super special snowflake that defies physics? Oooooo okay.

uekrcydijhxd.jpg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why not just follow the MFP guidelines you got at setup?
  • Chls122
    Chls122 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    anoushso wrote: »
    hey guys, im doing dukan diet and i have calculated the calories im eating. It has been 3 weeks and im only eating 500calories per day and i dont lose any weight.. I kind of feel like my stomach is full but its really not. Help anyone?

This really isn't safe. I'm concerned you're not getting enough of your required nutrients to survive. Your hormones are probably all out of whack, are you sluggish? Are you cranky?

It's time to make an appointment with a certified nutritionist and discuss with them.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Is that 500 including the Dukan supplements or is it just the other food?
  • rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    TRY "Eating Three 500calorie meals/day" and I would bet you will feel better, be able to work out harder, and overall lose weight healthier.... :)
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would be a very unhappy, grumpy person if I only ate 500 calories a day.

Are you certain you are only eating that much, maybe you are eating more than you think. Are you weighing and logging everything?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you need to seek immediate, professional help ...

• auntchellebelle
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

This!
  • anoushso
    Options
    Hello guys, im happy you all write back!
    To answer some of the questions : yes I am completely sure im eating between 500 and 700 calories per dey. For exemple today I didnt eat breakfast i just took coffe, on lunch I had Chicken breast with spinach and on diner i had cabillaud with tomatoes and thats about it.. No im not a grumpy person and I can handle it very well, trust me i tried eating "more calories " but i gain weight! I just think that my metabolism sucks as hell tbh i really need to lose weight and im just stuck idk what to do :(
  • auntchellebelle
    Options
    You need to contact your doctor for sure.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

that is what you need to do... nothing else.