My 7 stone loss!!! :)

klrrgn
klrrgn Posts: 2 Member
Hi all, I am posting this story because I hope for whatever reason your deciding to loose weight I hope this will inspire you all for a better future :)
So my name is Kirsty and 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I was 21 at the time, and everyday was a struggle for me, moving was hard and my dizziness was so intense I had to give up a job I loved in a jewellery store because I was really poorly with it, It didn't that of course I was 20stone and 8lbs, and food was always a comfort for me, especially now, After a number of months out of work and sitting at home filling my face with food to comfort me, I decided something had to give, and that I wasn't going to let MS turn my world upside down, I starting thinking about how I could potentially loose some weight in a bid to help with my symptoms as they were at there peak. Living was hard and even staying up right and not appearing drunk was even worse, but I knew that I had to help myself, So I found My Fitness Pal and dowloaded right away, bought a mountain bike and started out, counting calories and having the confidence to go out on my bike was hard as I felt so bad but more than that my MS would always throw a spanner in the works. However 2 years on, now 23, I have finally got my life back and have lost 7 stone in total, I havent finished yet and have joined the gym, because now i feel confident enought to wear tight clothing and look in the mirror and feel beautiful, something I never have. But my soul purpose of weight loss was to help with my symptoms mostly. I cant stress enough how amazing i feel, Yes i have good and bad days but it just shows that with the right mind set and willpower anything is possible. I am proof of that! I neevr thought i would get to this stage and have a new job for 22 and half hours per week, have learned to drive and feel more like myself again. I just wanted to share my journey with you all, and I hope you all take something away with you, that you can achieve anything in life, because if I can do this anybody can :) Good Luck to you all :)
Kirsty <3

Replies

• jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Kirsty,

Great story. Most of us struggle with weight loss so for you to lose that much whilst coping with MS is awesome. You have inspired me :)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Kristy, that is simply amazing. I am proud of you girl! You have such a great attitude and are a real inspiration. Thanks for telling it to us. :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Excellent job!
  • klrrgn
    klrrgn Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you lovely people! :-) everyone of you all deserve to be happy and confident and I hope your weight loss has helped with this. Even though beauty comes from within its still amazing to feel beautiful ♡♥ lots of love! :-)
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Wow, that's an incredible story. I'm literally just on here taking a break from writing lesson plans about MS. What a barrier you have broken through. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks for sharing.well done on losing all that weight.:)
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    You're doing an amazing job. Congrats on losing the weight.
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Well Done youre a true Inspiration - Keep up the great work!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    A beautiful story to start the day. Great effort and best wishes to you. Xxx
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    A really inspirational story, well done on your amazing weight loss and getting your life back on track in spite of your MS :smile: x
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Amazing!
    Much love and best wishes that you continue to feel well :) x
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Good for you girl. You certainly have inspired me and I guess, a lot of other people too. We have no excuse now and I will think of you when I feel weak willed. Very well done. Keep up the good work. You deserve your success
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Thank you for sharing, you've made my day, genuinely. All the very, very best to your future.
  • bekahmiss
    bekahmiss Posts: 7 Member
    What a great job! I was diagnosed with MS last January, 2014, at 32. I was at my heaviest, having just given birth two months before to twin girls. It took me a few months to really process the fact that I have a lifelong issue, to get the meds straightened out, and just getting back on track living with two babies and my three slightly older kids.
    I started losing weight in November of 2014, after my husband and two sisters ran a half marathon, (which inspired me to at least get healthy, but I hate running!) and have lost 21 pounds so far. I still have 80 to go to reach my first goal. But I'm finding that losing weight has definitely improved my symptoms, although they haven't been as rough as yours sound like. I do find that the MS gives me a few restraints when it comes to exercise; for example, I can't do an upright bike, as it causes my legs to go numb after just a few minutes, but I can do the recumbent bike. So with just a few modifications, I can still work out and lift weights.
    Good luck continuing your journey towards health and living well with MS! Feel free to friend me if you want!
  • lynney_s
    lynney_s Posts: 89 Member
    Inspirational story - thanks for sharing :D
  • sweetnsassy923
    sweetnsassy923 Posts: 3 Member
    You must feel so much better! Great job, sending you gentle hugs. I too have MS, going on 13 years, I am 37 years old. I am always looking for inspiration in my weight loss journey, your story touched me so much. Good luck on your journey.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Fantastic! My mother had MS, but she continued to work, first with a cane, then a walker and the final 10 years before retiring in a wheelchair. It slowed her down a little, but didn't stop her. She was still working around the world UK, Europe, India, Latin America and North America when she retired. And thank you for reporting your weight loss in stone. It is so nice to see a Brit continuing to write in English and not translating for us colonials. You have done a terrific job. Keep up the great work!
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Keep up the great job Kristy! You're such an inspiration.
  • thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!