What is your best weight loss tip? And where are you from?

Options
Fairly new to MFP but would like to make friends for support. What is you best tip for weight loss?

Replies

• shellall123
    shellall123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am from Calgary, Canada and my tip is to log everything.....everything!
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm from Mass....and I would say the same thing as Shella123/ log everything you put in your mouth. Once you stop you lose focus.. or I lose focus!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm from Brooklyn. Use this app correctly.
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Virginia.

The best tip for weight loss? Be persistent, it's going to be tough. You'll have good days, and bad days. Don't be afraid of fluctuations.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything and log accurately, even when it isn't pretty. Underestimate your exercise calories.

I'm from central Florida.
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    log everything and just as important believe in yourself (winnipeg canada)
    166 lbs lost in just about 1 year here on mfp
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    dont just rely on the scale, measure yourself also, weight goes up and down (scales are sometimes inaccurate) but measuring tapes never lie.
  • eeker1985
    Options
    Give up pop if you can....even diet!
  • ryansavsavage
    Options
    Hi. I agree with all the below comments.

My advice would:
    1.PATIENCE: don't try loose to much to fast. Slow and steady. 1kg per week.
    2. PERSEVERANCE: It's not easy it's tuff. Make sure u ready it's as much a mental challenge as it is a physical.
    3. PREPARATION: Have everything in order. Gym programmes, diets, prepare ur home get rid off junk foods and sodas. Know what u will eat for the week plan every meal etc etc.

Anyway hope it help.
    Ryan Savage
    South Africa
  • prince4me
    Options
    Hi! I'm from San Francisco - measuring, tracking and being completely honest about everything that you eat and when you have that little something that had you exceed your calories - let it be and remember tomorrow is another day.
  • PHATMAMI2013
    PHATMAMI2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im from Tennessee and cut out soda and juices and drink lots of water that's what I done and have noticed a big difference!!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile

I'm not sure family is a good support system. I think they can do more inadvertent damage than good.
  • nezza777
    Options
    Logging is the hardest part and really that easy with this incredible app. I've learnt that I can eat everything as long as I know the total calorie count and the nutrition balance that MFP does for me. Exercise I use as a reward system so those beers, that muffin and other 'treats' have to be earned. It makes me love exercise more than anything else could ever do!
  • Brittanistarr
    Brittanistarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from Florida, and definitely looking for some motivation! ! My tip is to remember and focus on your 'why' - why are you doing this? I often have days where I slip up - won't go to the gym because of a long day at work or eat more sugery snacks than I should. But whenI focus on my 'why', I'd get back on track. I've gained 20 lbs in the last year and am looking to turn that body fat into muscle. I want to feel good about myself internally and externally. That's my why.
  • Brittanistarr
    Brittanistarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from Florida, and definitely looking for some motivation! ! My tip is to remember and focus on your 'why' - why are you doing this? I often have days where I slip up - won't go to the gym because of a long day at work or eat more sugery snacks than I should. But whenI focus on my 'why', I'd get back on track. I've gained 20 lbs in the last year and am looking to turn that body fat into muscle. I want to feel good about myself internally and externally. That's my why.
  • nancyhfuller
    nancyhfuller Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow..some great advice!!! Thank you all so much!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • essence1222
    essence1222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great advice and great motivation. I need it with trying lose weight om steroids and an illness that is triggered by foods good and bad!
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    • Have specific goals. ie. Exercise twice a week for 30 minutes, Incorporate at least one vegetable or fruit with every meal, Eat out only once a week etc
    • And slooowly swap out the nutritious poor foods that you maybe currently consuming for healthier versions. ie. White bread swap it out for whole wheat or whole grain

Im from OH btw :)

Best of luck to you!
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone that said give up pop and drink water! For me this was the most important thing
  • nancyhfuller
    nancyhfuller Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Such good tips..I am in awe of all of you!!!