100+ lbs to lose and new to MFP

Options
Hi, everyone!

Its my first time here and I have a mildly terrifying weight loss goal of 115 pounds. I'm 25, 5'7" and 255 pounds. I woke up one day and was shocked to read the scale.

So, here I am.

I'm a bit of an odd ball who'd love any support in this goal! Feel free to add or message me!

Replies

• Susanne_Violette
    Susanne_Violette Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First let me say I'm new here as well. I'll add you, can never have too many motivating friends that know what you are going through. Let's do this! Do you have Wii Fit?
  • CthulhaM
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you and I definitely agree. We got this!

Sadly, no Wii though I've been thinking of getting it. My Xbox connect doesn't really do much for me in terms of working out. Do you use Wii Fit?
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • Phattone
    Phattone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tony I am new to MFP well actually signed up 1 yr ago but never loged on anything or really used the app.This time want to use the app as tool in helping me make helathy choices .I have read that support grps help people achive weight loss goals .please feel free to add me or request me .we can do this ☺
  • ajanderson84
    ajanderson84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We are exactly the same height and weight atm. Feel free to add me. I set up my first goal for 150lbs though... 125 is where I'd love to be once I get to 150.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    5'8"-9" depending on the day with a 100+ weight loss goal too. Feel free to add! :smile:
  • blonka14
    blonka14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started MFP a year ago but got serious November last year. So far I've lost 10 lbs a month. It was so hard at first but I started reading other members food diaries and asked them for tips. I made small changes and have been getting results. I tried everything. Even overeaters annoymous (which is a great thing to try by the way. It's not what you think). This is actually working for me. Feel free to add me. Good luck with your journey!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile

Heroes are not born, they are forged. :)
  • maryahnecessary
    maryahnecessary Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 21 and 5'7 and I need to lose 100+ pounds my goal is to be 191 by 2017. I could really use some people to motivate me and keep my eating in check. Please add me I can't do this alone and it would be awesome to have some support.