hypothyroid?

Options
2»

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It's really refreshing to see all these successful hypo/hashimoto sufferers losing weight! sounds like I'm on the highest dose of meds at 250 MCG daily to try to get this under control. Feel free to friend me!
  • missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism too. I take levothyroxein/synthyroid. It works for me. It helps my levels stay where they should be. I often wondered how hard it is to lose weight. The comments above give me hope! If you happen to want to be MPF friends...send a message about having hypothyroid issues so I know. Thanks for the post.
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone! I went in to my PCM with complaints of fatigue and weight gain without a change in habit. My TSH was over 150. I have been on two 125 MCG tablet (total dose 250 MCG) per day. I am starting to feel like my old self. I have only lost a bit of weight, but people who barely know me have told me "you look like yoyu have lost weight, your face is skinny". That HYPO can hit you with a round face. I have to remember not to take my multivatmin first when I wake. You can do it!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Hypo/Hashimoto's + several other, more serious metabolic issues. I've lost quite a bit of weight and (mostly!) kept it off for a couple of years.
  • mnied01
    mnied01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So did most of you lose weight by sticking to healthy diet and exercise? Im taking phentermine but i feel like im cheating and wont really change my habits unless i do it without the diet.pill. any thoughts?
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I did. I dropped 75 pounds over the last 4 years. I eat healthy, a diet high in protein and lower in carbohydrates because I'm insulin resistant as well. A higher protein and fat diet will keep a person satiated longer. I'll be honest and don't really exercise. Winter is awful to me, but when the weather gets nicer I'll be resuming my walks.
  • linux40
    linux40 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I`m also one of you guys...I was diagnosed 3 years ago, and have probably struggled with hypothyoridism all my life without understanding or knowing what was wrong. No doctor even thought of this, isn`t that just sad...? Anyway, at last, I started on levaxine, but had no effect what so ever. Now I`m using Armour Thyorid and my energy and whole life is really before and after. Armour also makes it easier to lose weight. Not easy, but easier ;) and yes, I have to stick to a diet to make it happen, but at least it`s possible now...
    Good luck to you.
  • FutbolMomx3
    Options
    I'm hypo as well. My primary dr. Is an Internal Med, MD. I have put out off seeing an endocrinologist but maybe it's time. My TSH is 0.53. I'm 48 have osteoarthritis and have had several knee surgeries. I'm also on coumadin, which makes it tricky with salads and all the yummy healthy greens. I lost 9 pounds onThe Plan and just recently started back routinely getting on the elliptical 30 min a day. I don't eat a lot but am struggling to shed the pounds. The Plan worked well but my INR was not the best.
  • FutbolMomx3
    Options
    I'm hypo as well. My primary dr. Is an Internal Med, MD. I have put out off seeing an endocrinologist but maybe it's time. My TSH is 0.53. I'm 48 have osteoarthritis and have had several knee surgeries. I'm also on coumadin, which makes it tricky with salads and all the yummy healthy greens. I lost 9 pounds onThe Plan and just recently started back routinely getting on the elliptical 30 min a day. I don't eat a lot but am struggling to shed the pounds. The Plan worked well but my INR was not the best.
    Any suggestions
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). Thyroid meds (for me, Synthroid & Cytomel) reduce the fatigue so I can be more active. But I lost weight just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn. Logging works.