Help I have a problem!!!

Options
It's 1am and I cannot stop thinking about fresh baked brownies and vanilla ice cream that's in the fridge!
Why can't I be normal and just go to sleep????s6a1eoesil5p.jpg

Replies

• AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is looking at and posting pictures of them helping to forget? I don't think so. Go do something else.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Read a book.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you have enough calories spare go eat it

Otherwise - tough

Woman up!
  • weightlossme
    Options
    your problem is that YOU HAVE Fresh Brownies and ice cream in the fridge. get rid of it girlfriend. Run down the back yard and chuck it over the fence and go back to bed. Try to only include healthy options when you do a grocery shop, and low calorie high nutrition snacks so you don't have to torture yourself. and if the family want the treats then tell them its your time and they have to go healthy as well. They will get over it.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    your problem is that YOU HAVE Fresh Brownies and ice cream in the fridge. get rid of it girlfriend. Run down the back yard and chuck it over the fence and go back to bed. Try to only include healthy options when you do a grocery shop, and low calorie high nutrition snacks so you don't have to torture yourself. and if the family want the treats then tell them its your time and they have to go healthy as well. They will get over it.

What is wrong with you?! You don't throw away food like that.

OP, If you really, really need it, eat it and do some extra exercise/ reduce your calories slightly tomorrow. If it's just a matter of fancying it because it's there, then unfortunately you just need buck up and control your feelings.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

If you have calories left, there is absolutely not I g wrong with these foods.

I am sorry but your family should not have to give up treats they like because you do not have calories left to eat them.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

you're mad!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Ridiculous advice.
    You need to make room in your allotment so that you can have these things.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    go head out for a run. giddy up.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Unless you find a way to deal with this mentally, then you are in for a rough ride. Most people just moderate or exercise to earn the calories and maintain their deficit. If you are going to torture yourself about food, then it will be miserable and you make it more likely you will break, binge or quit. Find some solutions that are non food related.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I hate it when people use terms like 'healthy options' because it's just meaningless BS that over simplifies food and is spouted by people who like to think they're experts. You can't live in a world without temptation, not unless you live by yourself in a remote cabin hundreds of kilometres from another living soul.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Pop a melatonin.

Or you could just have a serving size of both. A half cup of vanilla ice cream and a 2" square brownie will amount to about 300 calories. Most people are not going to completely ruin their day if they have 300 calories as a snack. Now, maybe not the best habit, but still..

Maybe cut it in half, so you get 150-200 calories, you get the taste but leave it for later.

The issue with treats is not so much having them, but really, having too much. We can incorporate these things quite easily if we're willing to hold ourselves to serving sizes.
  • suky7
    suky7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a husband and kids who arent on a health kick and couldn't just throw food out because i'm cutting down on sugary treats! 1) its 1o'clock and you should be sleeping and 2) have a peppermint tea or green tea, its curbs my cravings. Problem is they make me wee so you'll probably be up again at 4am! Hope you made the right choice for you!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    The three bite option. I learned this from an MFP friend. Allow yourself 3 bites only. Your friends and family that are not trying to limit calories can still indulge and you allow yourself a taste.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yep. Carefully measure out a controlled serving and savor every morsel. Log it. Assess whether it was worth the caloric spend ( probably yes). Realize that 300 extra calories in a day probably just means less weight lost for that day. No big deal. Move on :)

FWIW, sticking to my calorie goals became so much easier when I allowed enough calories for small servings of treats and quit feeling guilty about it. I also got way better at pushing a treat away when it didn't taste good enough given the caloric cost. Good luck!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yep. Carefully measure out a controlled serving and savor every morsel. Log it. Assess whether it was worth the caloric spend ( probably yes). Realize that 300 extra calories in a day probably just means less weight lost for that day. No big deal. Move on :)

FWIW, sticking to my calorie goals became so much easier when I allowed enough calories for small servings of treats and quit feeling guilty about it. I also got way better at pushing a treat away when it didn't taste good enough given the caloric cost. Good luck!
  • HappierMe1023
    HappierMe1023 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate! It sounds like you have a sweet tooth and a love of chocolate. My old trainer gave me this piece of advice and it really has helped me when I've needed it. Go get a bar of very dark chocolate and break it up into pieces. Don't leave it out but have it in your kitchen somewhere. When you get a craving like this just pop one piece of the dark chocolate and give it 10-20 minutes. It really does help cure the craving! Cocoa is the main ingredient in dark chocolate and cocoa has been found to elevate dopamine and serotonin levels which does help in dealing with cravings.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That is a waste of food. Are you going to be able to avoid "unhealthy" foods for the rest of your life? Should you force your family to adhere to the same thing because you "can't eat them"?

This is fine in moderation.