HRM Question

Options
Anyone who has a same HRM : Smart Health Unisex Digital Pedometer Heart Rate Watch - SMH22028 SMH001
I just bought it yesterday and a bit confused, cause I entered my weight, age, gender in it and was using today while exercise BUT :)))))

So what happened is that I did a same routine just like everyday , but my calories that I burned are way less :)What do you guys think is this normal that I burned only 41 calories total in 57 minutes ??? I am 5'9 and 182lbs :)

Cardiovascular Minutes Calories Burned
TurboFire ABS 10 class 10 2
30 Days Shred Jillian Michaels 27 25
RevAbs -Fat Burning Abs 20 14

Thanks for your answers!

Replies

• krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't have that HRM but that does NOT seem right to me at all.. you should be burning at least 300 I would think.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    sounds like the nodes were not connected to the skin - or maybe not enough conductivity? Does it have a chest strap? I have to put spit on the nodes on my chest strap to make it work best.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If it does have a chest strap, make sure they get very wet before you strap it on. Also, don't skimp. I use a Polar F4. A bit pricer, but well worth it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I don't have an HRM but that doesn't sound right. On average I have always heard that you burn about 100 calories for each 10 minutes of cardio. I looked it up online and it looks like it is just a watch HRM without a chest strap? If so then it's probably not as accurate, how often were you checking your heart rate?