1 week plateau

i need motivation :'(

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Plateaus don't exist, but eating at maintenance and weight fluctuations do. 1 week is nothing. Keep on doing what you are doing for at least one month, then reevalute.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    One week is nothing. I ended up having a five-month plateau that I broke only a few weeks ago (of course, it was from me not accurately weighing and logging everything and relying on too much takeout). It's completely normal to not lose -or even gain- for one weigh-in, especially if you're due for your monthly or had a high-sodium meal the night before.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    1 week is in no way a plateau. Months is a plateau. You won't lose every week. Have some patience and keep on going.
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    I've had several 1 week plateaus, just keep doing what works for you and you'll see results. I lost allot of calories initially by cutting way back, after the first month it stopped working because I was getting more active and burning more calories so I adjusted my daily calorie needs by an extra 300 a day and the weight started coming off again. The only time I'm not successful hitting my weekly goals now is when I over indulge and eat what I shouldn't.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    A plateau is 10 weeks and usually the result of inaccuracies in logging.
  • Are u keeping track of your cal intake with the app?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    1 week is not a plateau, sorry. Weight loss is not linier and there will be weeks you don't lose. Heck, there will be weeks you go up, and don't know why.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    One week is not a plateau. Our bodies don't have the same sense of time as our brains do. So, weight loss doesn't always just constantly go down from day to day. Or even from week to week. And you can't do anything about it. It just is.
    When I have weeks where I don't lose, I try to watch my sodium and make sure I'm getting enough water. I be extra vigilant to make sure I'm strict on my logging and portion sizes. And I make sure I use the restroom before getting on the scale! All those things are things you can control. Just hang in there. The scale will move eventually. It can only hold out against a calorie deficit for so long.
  • ChristianRW
    ChristianRW Posts: 10 Member
    Im plateauing for a week too, frustrating my friend, i feel ya :)

It's hard when you've just had a nice streak dropping the pounds regularly, but chin up, these don't last for longer than 2-3 weeks at most in my experience :smiley:
  • Thxxx everyone
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Don't stress over not losing over the course of a week, especially since you are more than likely retaining water if you are logging accurately. Try to weigh yourself each week under the same conditions. Water weight adds up quickly, 1 gallon is over 8.35 pounds. A 20oz bottle of water will weigh in at 1.4 pounds.
  • Thxxx u
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    I was plateauing for 5 months.. Finally getting somewhere.. and I blame it on myself.. patience helps!