Any night shift users out there?

Options
Hi all!

My name is Carla and I'm 26. I have three small boys and work full time nights! My youngest boy is 10months old and I'm just working on getting that baby weight off. So that means I'm looking to lose 25-30lbs more to be back at my maintenance weight.

I'm looking for active friends with some common goals or lifestyle. Working nights and losing weight definitely takes some self restraint. You know all that middle of the night snacks...usually full of sugar!

Replies

• ccmarlacarie
    ccmarlacarie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone's asleep? lol
  • cameramanbj
    cameramanbj Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a Midnight shift worker and have 3 enemies I have to fight nightly. 7-11, McDonalds, and a vending machine.
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My shifts rotate days and nights but on nights now. Resisted the goodies last night but its hard! Back in on Sunday x
  • lisakirt
    lisakirt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I work night shift day shift rotation..my night shift is 6-6 I eat my supper before I go to work and do not eat anything during my shift I do drink a lot of water and have a tea around 2 am to stay awake..I sleep till around noon and eat when I wake up have a snack than my supper..when I'm on day shift I eat breakfast snack lunch snack supper..and it seems I eat way more but my calories are always around the same..
  • trytbfit
    trytbfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also work nightshift 6 pm to 6 am, have new twin boys, and finding it hard to workout around the boys schedule, but I am going to fit it in somehow. Before mommyhood I used to sleep til 8 am - 2:30pm and then workout til 4:00-4:30 and then eat something small and make dinner for work. Salad's mostly or chicken and veggies. I would eat around 9:30pm ish, then maybe a snack around 2:30 am. And then try not to eat whan I get home. That as the hard part. This seemed to work well. Now when I get home I am chatting with the sitter doing dishes and then passing out and then up to make bottles and clean before work all over again. I need to organize my time better.
  • finalweightmission
    Options
    I am a student midwife who rotates night shifts (7-730) and I know your pain. What makes it more difficult is the generous gifts of chocolates that the women give us ! Plenty of healthy snacks like fruit I am hoping may be the answer :)
  • ccmarlacarie
    ccmarlacarie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a student midwife who rotates night shifts (7-730) and I know your pain. What makes it more difficult is the generous gifts of chocolates that the women give us ! Plenty of healthy snacks like fruit I am hoping may be the answer :)

Oh my goodness yes! I work on the ob floor as a postpartum/nicu nurse and there's always lots of treats hanging out in the break room!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I've worked full-time graveyard shift for over 7 years now. I bring my own food and make sure I get plenty of water.
  • dafad123
    dafad123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes night time worker.my shift is 6 -2am and i am a baker we make muffins doughnuts and bagels for dunkin doughnuts.i go to sleep about 4 then get up at 6 take my oldest to school then get youngest ready and take him to school go to sleep at 1l 0 get up for 1 get them from school.get dinner ready go to gym 4 to 5 come home cook eat do some housework in between.leave for work.thank god today is my day off add me if you like
  • seanscott1972
    seanscott1972 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too work a rotation of days and nights from 6 to 6. I have been making sure that I have extra almonds, greek yogurt, instant almond and fruit tucked away and drink plenty of water. That way if I need a little extra to snack on I have it. Even if it makes me go over on my daily calories. It's better then extra calories from a donut or chocolate bar.