Protein

Options
lbostic
lbostic Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm trying to eat more Protein and less Carbs. Can anyone assist me in doing so, like which foods to eat & not to get.

Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Eat more protein.

Step 2: Eat fewer carbs.

You're welcome.
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ibostic,

Protein laden foods include: turkey and chicken breasts, fish (salmon), egg whites, Greek yogurt, soybeans, nuts.

Carbohydrates are starches, like bread, rice and potatoes!
  • hlo9603
    hlo9603 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same type of diet @ibostic and I have a group on Facebook where we post food and workout ideas all the time. Feel free to join "Get Fit Motivators"
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Avocado is a surprise protein treat. Also any legumes. Cook them up from scratch in broth and they are decadent. I've been adding protein powder to things like pancakes when I'm desperate for a carby treat. Oh, and yogurt with frozen fruit is a great treat when you've given up ice cream.
  • lbostic
    Options
    Thank you, I plan to shop for foods with protein. I don't use Facebook, but thanks. I need a lot of help in just changing the way I eat & being more aware & knowledgable.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My go to proteins are:
    • Tuna. Salmon, Cod...really any fish.
    • Egg whites. (I make a ton of egg white omelettes with spices and sauteed veggies. Use lowfat or non-fat cheese slices for an additional kick of protein. I also just boil up eggs and have them ready to eat the egg whites. My dogs love the yolks. A few yolks are ok but they are high in fat.)
    • Cottage cheese (low fat or fat free)
    • In a pinch, muscle milk.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, boiled eggs, chicken breast, plain milk, salmon, canned tuna, cottage cheese.. pretty much whatever anyone else posted above. Also I have a love for Quest protein bars
  • smithjl2
    smithjl2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love buying tuna steaks when they are on sale. I have a hard time eating healthy unless it's something that tastes great to me, and tuna steaks do. They are super quick and easy - try marinating them in orange juice, low sodium soy sauce, and garlic! I think they have around 25-30 grams of protein.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    smithjl2 wrote: »
    I love buying tuna steaks when they are on sale. I have a hard time eating healthy unless it's something that tastes great to me, and tuna steaks do. They are super quick and easy - try marinating them in orange juice, low sodium soy sauce, and garlic! I think they have around 25-30 grams of protein.

Yum!
  • lbostic
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the great ideas. I love tuna & most fish. I didn't think about the eggs & cottage cheese or the salmon steaks . I will look for the Quest Bars tomorrow, along with the others.