Turbo fire or Max 30 for weight loss

Options
ehk33
ehk33 Posts: 33 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I have 50ish pounds of baby weight to lose. Im barely 5'4 and 175 right now, wanting to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight of around 120. Ive been counting calories and eating clean for 3 weeks, now I want to add exercise in. I think I narrowed it down to these two "at home" programs, but I dont know which one is better for weight loss! I tried p90x last year and i never really liked it. Felt it was more about toning an already skinny body as opposed to getting all sweaty/tired and burning a ton of calories. Anyone done both of these and can give me some insight on which one i should try first? Thanks!! Turbofire vs Insanity Max30

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity. It was tough but I didn't lose any weight with it for some reason.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Max 30 is all about interval training so it's specifically geared towards weight loss and building your endurance/cardio.
  • sugardetox
    sugardetox Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    T25 was really good, I liked Insanity. I would look into 21 day fix. That was a good one for weight loss. 21 day fix extreme is coming out shortly too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    There are lots of FREE programs on youtube. There isn't any specific exercise that burns fat any faster than any other. Fat loss depends more on diet, age, and genetics when it comes to how fast it comes off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying Max 30 or doing another Insanity round. I loved Insanity (hated T-25). I didn't lose weight either but I lost inches and dress sizes. The difference was noticeable. If you are measuring success by the number on the scale, Insanity will piss you off - you have to take pics and bust out the measuring tape.

I am interested to hear who has tried Max-30 and their take on it.
  • ehk33
    Options
    Yea, Max30 is one of their newest ones, i think it came out just a few months ago. So i cant find a ton of before/after info and comparisons to like turbo fire. From what I understand, you do one of the insanitymax dvds for 30 minutes and while doing the workout you like go as hard as you can until you have to take a break, write that time down and thats your "max out" time (then finish the dvd) and next time you try to go further than your last max out time. That kinda intrigues me, but if its more just just push ups and toning, no sweating or high heart rate, i would rather like do something like turbo fire where i hear its like big cardio and sweaty calorie burning. ah, im torn!!
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i did turbo fire two years ago, including the 'advanced' dvds, loved it. still use it now and then when i don't feel like running/spinning and want a good workout. I loved it and got great results - i did the schedule though including all the strength training too on the days where it said to.
    - insanity is also great, it probably makes me sweat more but i find it so hard that i have to stop a lot - turbofire i could always go all out without having to stop.
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into month 2. Max:30 is the a huge improvement over the original insanity. The moves are less monotonous and typically have a lower and upper body element so you are working from head to toe through most of the workout. The low impact modifier is a great addition and will definitely burn you out.

In my opinion Max Out Sweat and Friday Fight Round 2 are the two hardest workouts beachbody has. We have some people who joined in with significant weight to lose (50+) and they are loving it. However, T25, and TurboFire may be a better fit. But if you go into it with the attitude that I'm going to do what I can do and not worry about how I compare to cast members or anyone else I think it's a great program.
  • outtamyweigh
    Options
    I've bought T25, Power 90, Brazilian buttlift, from Beachbody. I get soooo super bored with the same "program"...so now I subscribed to the Daily Burn, $12.95/mo can cancel anytime and has multiple programs and workouts. I'm NEVER bored and always challenged. There are programs for lifting, HIIT, kickboxing, Tabata, yoga...multiple instructors...so much fun to pick out my next video. I've done lots of the free Youtube videos as well, there are some great ones out there.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I personally hated TurboFire. I didn't finish it, sold it on eBay, and used that money to buy T25. Did T25, then Insanity, then P90X3, and now I'm doing Max 30. I love Max 30. It gets the heart pounding and the sweat pouring. And I also just really like Shaun T.

Max 30 also has the option of keeping the camera on the modifier, so you can go back and forth between Shaun T & the modifier, should you need to.

I just finished week 2 of Max 30, and along with a calorie deficit, I've lost about 6-7 pounds, and shed some inches.

I've found that with Shaun T's workouts (at least the ones that I've done) you'll shed more inches than pounds, which is why it's really important to take your measurements and take pictures. The scale may be saying one thing, but your body is actually doing a different thing.

However, as @ninerbuff‌ mentioned, you do not have to follow a Beachbody program to add in weight loss. Youtube has plenty of great workouts available. The channels I like include: Tone It Up, Autumn Calabrese, RealFit TV, BodyFit by Amy, Fitness Blender, BeFit, XHit Daily, Gym Ra, bekafit, and BodyRock.

Good luck!
  • ehk33
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thanks!!! I think i might try the max30! And look into YT in the meantime too

But if you are shedding inches, arent you shedding pounds too? Im really new to this, and have always been skinny (size 0-2) before kids, so working out and stuff is new to me. Whats the difference in inches and like numbers on the scale?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    ehk33 wrote: »
    thanks!!! I think i might try the max30! And look into YT in the meantime too

But if you are shedding inches, arent you shedding pounds too? Im really new to this, and have always been skinny (size 0-2) before kids, so working out and stuff is new to me. Whats the difference in inches and like numbers on the scale?

exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/a/losinginches.htm