Curious... how much do you lose per week?

Options
I'm really curious how everyone compares......

1.) What is your calorie goal per day?
2.) How many days per week do you stick to it?
3.) How much, on average, do you lose per week?

For me:
1.) My goal 1200
2.) I stick to it 5 days per week, go 400 over 2 days per week (planned)
3.) I lose about 2 lbs per week.

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    1) About 1400 calories / day (for 1 lb / week loss)
    2) 7 days / week, unless special occasion -- then the splurges are planned
    3) On average, I have been losing 1 lb / week, but I bounce around alot
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wish I could lose 2 lbs a week! I sometimes lose less that a lb What is your secret? I know, I am older than you.
    Jean from Iowa
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Actually... the past 3 weeks I've only lost 1, but the past 4 months before that I lost 2 per week. Not sure about any secrets. Maybe ??? because I cycle calories... adding 400 calories 2 times per week???? If it's not that then I guess I've just been lucky?
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Actually, after I averaged it out I have lost 2 a week. It sure doesn't seem like it though.
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    1200-1600 -- my daily limit is 1600, but my average intake is around 1300
    stick to it every day
    I lose on average 1.5 pounds per week, but sometimes it's more, sometimes less
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1500 but I can never hit it...frustrating but im always so full. I have my one day splurge sometimes. Have maintained same weight for two weeks now and not losing any. I just want to get down five more pounds too.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    1.) What is your calorie goal per day? 1220
    2.) How many days per week do you stick to it? I also eat back 1/2 -1/3 of my exercise calories so I eat from 1200 - 1500 calories and stick to it pretty much every day (I've gone over once or twice)
    3.) How much, on average, do you lose per week? I've been losing about 3lbs a week
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    1.) What is your calorie goal per day? 1710
    2.) How many days per week do you stick to it? All of them :-)
    3.) How much, on average, do you lose per week? so far 2.4 lbs a week, but it's a whole bunch all at once, and then nothing for a couple weeks. *shrug*
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    1.) My goal per day is 1500
    2.) I average 1350-1400
    3.) I stick to it everyday
    4.) I average at least 2 lbs a week. In the last 4 weeks I've lost 16.
    5.) I burn at least 1100-1800 calories per day when I work out. I do that 6 days a week.

The most I have splurged is 1650. That was on a day when I ran a 5k, and then went to the gym. I have a hard time reaching at least 1250, but my trainer said to never go below that. I disagree with those on here that eat their exercise calories. To me it seems counterproductive.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Calorie goal: 1500
    How many days/week stick to it? 7 almost always
    Weight loss per week: 5-6lbs. ( I have an extreme amount to lose so it's coming of easy right now)

Last week in fact I lost nearly 11 pounds.:noway:
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1.) What is your calorie goal per day? I started out at 1200/day but upped it to 1380
    2.) How many days per week do you stick to it? Everyday...and I try to eat back most of my exercise calories.
    3.) How much, on average, do you lose per week? I've lost 21.5 lbs since I started April 5...that averages out to about 5 lbs a week. I'm sure that will start slowing down though.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    2.) I average 1350-1400
    5.) I burn at least 1100-1800 calories per day when I work out. I do that 6 days a week.

The most I have splurged is 1650. That was on a day when I ran a 5k, and then went to the gym. I have a hard time reaching at least 1250, but my trainer said to never go below that. I disagree with those on here that eat their exercise calories. To me it seems counterproductive.

Gosh I'd be concerned about my health if I was only eating 1400 a day and burning 1100-1800.

1.) What is your calorie goal per day? 1300 cycling
    2.) How many days per week do you stick to it? Mostly 7 days
    3.) How much, on average, do you lose per week? 1/2 kilo now. I lost the first 17 kilo in 5 months
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    1. i eat 1200 a day, maybe a tad more
    2. i stick to it everyday unless it's a special occassion
    3. i've only weighed once so far after my 1st week (next weigh in is may 9) and i lost almost 5 pounds. i think my body was just in shock from working out and eating right lol
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options

I almost always eat about 100 calories less because in my head, it's a way to leave room for the calories I might have underestimated in meals I can't accurately measure.

0.8 - 1 lb

I also believe the rate of weight loss has to do with how much you weigh. When I was ~160 and dieted before MFP, I lost crazy amount of pounds per week and then it slowed down.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    1. 1970
    2. I net anything between 1300 and 1800 a day depending on exercise, I don't have cheat/treat days. (lowish carb, very high protein as I'm doing P90X)
    3. 5lbs (I only weigh in once every 2 weeks so 2.5lbs a week),

Ben.
  • Maureen333
    Maureen333 Posts: 10
    Options
    Mine I'm suppose to reach 1500 a day but not reaching that...I come short...in my calories...I'm on a mona vie plan so you eat actual for once a day..which I just can't wait to eat..
    Don't me wrong I'm not sad I don't hit the 1500 because that just means more weight will come off.
    How much I've loss this week I will be weighing in tomorrow!!!! exciting Hope I've lost something??
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    2.) I average 1350-1400

Do you eat BAcK your exercise calories??

My goal is 1300 cals
    Average about 1200-1300
    Stick to it everyday
    Lost only 3 lbs in 30 days =(
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    2.) I average 1350-1400

It is not counterproductive - it is using MFP in the way it was designed to work. MFP creates a built in deficit, based on your chosen loss per week goal, regardless of exercise. If you do not eat those calories, you make the deficit larger than you (presumably) intended. A larger deficit does not necessarily mean faster weight loss; it usually results in deprivation and is a key reason people quit.

Might help to read these threads that explain how MFP works, and why a large deficit is not desirable.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/222019-60-lbs-in-60-days?hl=60+lbs

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • mjtmorr
    mjtmorr Posts: 75
    Options
    1.) What is your calorie goal per day? 1850
    2.) How many days per week do you stick to it? 7, I am usually under, I also burn around 1000 calories per day working out
    3.) How much, on average, do you lose per week? 3 - 4 lbs p/w
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious how everyone compares......

For me:
    1.) My goal 1200
    2.) I stick to it 5 days per week, go 400 over 2 days per week (planned)
    3.) I lose about 2 lbs per week.

i wish i could lose 2 lbs a week.. i was losing weight pretty quickly in the beginning but now it's definitely slowed down. when u say 1200 is your goal is that your net (u eat your exercise calories back) or just 1200 in general?