I LIKE BEER BUT I LIKE ABS BETTER!!

Options
Hi there folks! I am Erika Jane.. some call me jane or EJ.. Whatevers clever!

I have always been big into working out and have to keep it up to keep sane. I have one problem though, my food intake!! I love food and crafted beers... I did not understand moderation before. About two years ago I got the diet lifestyle right and exercising however I started digging a whole for myself.. fast food and constant partying. Here I am almost 20 pounds heavier and I want it gone and FOR GOOD!

This is important to me and I can not stop until I make this a forever lifestyle. I hope to make some great connections with others who share this passion of health and fitness. Thanks for your time!

Erika Jane

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Good luck EJ! You don't have to give up craft beer or good food to lose weight and be fit. Just understand moderation and practice some self-control.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    DO some call you mary jane?
  • HP777
    HP777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love your title, lol.
    I'm with you if I drink I overeat.
    We can do this!!!
  • erikajane88
    erikajane88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! yesss!!! we need to all be friends on here to help each other stay fit!
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love craft beers too...anyway, a friend of mine once said something that has stuck with me: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. :D
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I love craft beers too...anyway, a friend of mine once said something that has stuck with me: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. :D

That's a terrible quote.

You don't have to give anything up completely. Make it fit your calories.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You can have abs and still drink craft beer. :D
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Beer is my kryptonite. I love craft beer. I've been abstaining since the beginning of the year, but that ends Sunday. I'm worried about how things go after that...
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Oh if I could only go back in time, tell myself that and really make it stick :dizzy_face:
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. :D

I dunno, I've had some pretty damn good beers :)

Best of luck on your weight loss journey EJ!
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I looooove beer myself, not craft beer, mainly Bud Light Lime, but I love to have SIX of them and I can usually never keep it in my calories, since I'm on 1460 a day and a 6'er is 696 cals. Also the day after drinking beer I crave carbs like mad! It's a constant battle. I have 20 pounds to lose also.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I think when I'm on my death bed, I'll be reflecting on the drinking, eating and being merry with my friends and family more so than what it was like to be skinny.

Eat. Drink. Be merry. In moderation. Not the merry part though - you can do that all the time.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it, I live in the craft beer capital of the U.S.! I am also trying to lose about 20lbs but need to find the right balance :) good luck!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like moderation. We're best friends.
  • Mummieof3boyz
    Options
    I have a friend on weight watchers and she has lost 40 lbs and she has beer every weekend. Friday and Saturday she will have 4-6 each of those days she just puts it into her points for the day and she is still losing. Add to calories and you should be fine??? If it worked for her it can work for us....right?
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    You can have both with moderation
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Try saying that after drinking a Pretzel Stout. :sweat_smile:
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Keeping visible abs & drinking craft beers do not have to be mutually exclusive. You can enjoy your food/drink & still achieve the body you want.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer, but I have EXTREME limits on my behavior due to family history of alcoholism. I drink 1 at that's it.... I drink only once (maybe TWICE) a month. I am trying to get back on track so now I'll probably limit even more than that.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

That's a terrible quote.

You don't have to give anything up completely. Make it fit your calories.

Ugh, I agree. That quote always makes me cringe.

OP: I'm a 5'6" 130 lb female (currently 18% bf) and I eat 2300 calories per day and lift 4x/week. You don't need to give things up to get in shape.