Vitamin/Daily Supplements Tracking

Options
Hi All- just wanted some insight into this. I have been using mfp for a little over a week and have not been tracking daily supplements I take - such as fish oil, vitamin D, and a multi vitamin.

Do you suggest tracking the calories for these daily?! Thank you!

Replies

• smendoza929
    smendoza929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't personally, but I have noticed a lot of people do. I think it's a matter of preference.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    If it's over 10 calories, I track it. But it's not really necessary unless you are trying to hold yourself accountable for taking them.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do because my fish oil is 15 calories and if I'm counting a 10 calorie Tootsie Roll I figure I should count the vitamin as well.
  • amy_j28
    amy_j28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you- I know my fish oil capsules are 35 calories, so I may have to try and track those going forward. It just did not even cross my mind until I was looking at someone else's food log!
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I track any supplements solely to keep track of whether or not I took them lol
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    most have calories in them and logging it allows you to keep track that you took them. Mine add 36 or more depending on what I take
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I track my multivitamins, they're chewable. Tracking also helps me remember to take them.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I renamed on of the food sections in my diary for vitamins/ supplements. That way I had a place to log my multi and protein powder. I mainly log my multi because it reminds me to actually take it :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I track any thing I put in my mouth.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I track them because I am trying to figure out what to eat to get proper nutrition.

I am flipping back and forth between not needing iron and needing calcium.

It is maddening...
  • amy_j28
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I renamed on of the food sections in my diary for vitamins/ supplements. That way I had a place to log my multi and protein powder. I mainly log my multi because it reminds me to actually take it :)

how do you change sections of your diary if I may ask? That's a great idea!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    aljuso wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »

how do you change sections of your diary if I may ask? That's a great idea!

Go to your food tab and click settings. It's at the bottom of the page. I renamed mine: Breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks/ supplements :)
  • amy_j28
    Options
    I mostly just suffer from migraines, and my chiropractor suggested a few daily vitamins to start taking to help my joints! Thanks for all the input everyone :)
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes, I track them! I like to know the whole picture of what's going into my body. Plus, like someone above said, it reminds me to take them. :)
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I track everything mostly because I like to see the nutrients
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I track them - I have them saved as a recipe called "Daily Vitamins" so they are very easy to track. Just one click.