Help! Please! What to order at Mexican Restaurant...

Options
I am going to a Mexican restaurant for my friends birthday in about 30 minutes and am not quite sure what to order that would be the best low-calorie option.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks guys!
Kristina

Replies

• tinanicole
    Options
    I am going to a Mexican restaurant for my friends birthday in about 30 minutes and am not quite sure what to order that would be the best low-calorie option.
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks guys!
    Kristina
  • mercysong74
    Options
    stick to grilled meats, salads, nothing fried, fruits and veggies
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I do Grilled Chicken and grilled Veggies.
    Stay away from the wraps because they are made out of white flour and that is an empty calories.
    Still no matter WHAT remember that portion control is ALWAYS the key!
    --Diann...
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    I get the carne asada and only eat one tortilla it usually ends up around 500 cal and I figure that is pretty good for a dinner out plus that is including a few chips and some salsa. Good Luck!!
  • upskari4
    Options
    I get the vegetarian burrito and then I eat about a third of it. Remember to drink water too that will help calorie wise also.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I actually just eat the tortilla chips and salsa... Is that weird? Its free (yay!) and I am crazy about salsa. If one did want to actually order something I would recommend grilled chicken quesadillas. They are generally small, have protein, calcium and carb all packed into one. :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Well, what did you get?

I love Mexican, so tell me all about it.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhh don't ask me.....Mexican food is my weakness :ohwell:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    mexican food is my weekness too!!!!! Yummy! I actually went the other day and had a single cheese enchilada and rice.

Loaded but not over loaded with calories.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you can order the sauces on the side or not at all.

The sauces are the killers! :ohwell:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    If you can order the sauces on the side or not at all.

The sauces are the killers! :ohwell:

:angry: But that's the best part :grumble: :sad: :sad:

:laugh:

Stay away from Sour Cream too :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Haha, honestly, I tend to say "To hell with it" because if I do all the necessary cutting and trimming and "healthifying," my meal is going to suck and I'm going to be frickin pissed that everyone else has yummy, high calorie food.

So I eat what I want, I just make sure that I leave the table SATISFIED, not STUFFED. Of course, I only do that as an occasional treat, and make sure to get a really kick@ss workout in that day.

The book "How to Eat Like a Hot Chick" has an interesting comment on that: it's your heyday, so stop playing small. You're more likely to be so glum that you got cheated out of good Mexican food that you'll eat something else naughty later on. Plus, even the healthiest items on a Mexican menu are loaded with calories.

Of course, I'm referring to GOOD Mexican, not Taco Bell or Taco Cabana. When it's worth it, I say go for the gold. Chocolate cake for breakfast, spinach for dinner!