two night binge! :(

Options
How do i make up for this! Because i can't stop binge eating! :(. Do i gain fat after a two night binge or what? When do you gain fat?

Replies

• jphegley
    Options
    Just try to get right back on your nutrition plan, and up your cardio on days you're eating more. Don't beat yourself up for 2 days off, fitness is a long term project!
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    jphegley wrote: »
    Just try to get right back on your nutrition plan, and up your cardio on days you're eating more. Don't beat yourself up for 2 days off, fitness is a long term project!

Well do you gain fat in two days or in a week?
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Dust yourself down and start again tomorrow. Think about why you're binging. Are you eating enough in your meals? Boredom? When we know why we can start to change it.

How to make up for it? I add an extra brisk walk or two maybe an exercise class into my routine during the week.

Good luck!
  • CEGrant501
    Options
    Are you asking how long it is going to take your body to covert the excess calories into stored fat?
  • taylorblade
    Options
    CEGrant501 wrote: »
    Are you asking how long it is going to take your body to covert the excess calories into stored fat?
    Yes m'am!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It takes up to 48 hours to fully digest food, but some of it enters your blood stream within minutes of eating it. When you have more in your bloodstream than you need, it starts to convert to fat. But why should you care if it is fat or something else? You're stuck with it either way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I watch my weekly calorie deficit rather than the daily one. If you feel really bad you could eat a bit less during the week to make up for it or bump up your exercise
  • CEGrant501
    Options
    It's an ongoing process. The simple answer is about 12 hours from the time you eat till the time your body digests and turn the calories into fat.

The tricky part is that fat is easier to put on than to remove, sort of. Let me explain.

If you eat an extra 3500 Cal on a certain day, and don't exercise or lift weights, most of those extra calories will get stored as fat. So you've now gained a pound of fat.

All right, so you think if you don't eat for two days, you'll run a 3500 Cal deficit over those two days and lose the pound of fat you gained! No. Not really. Your body will burn some fat, but will also burn muscle. So at the end of all this you may weigh the same, but your body will still be 'fatter.'

It will take you longer to recover properly from a binge, than you spend binging. If you binge for two days, it will probably take your more like 1-2 weeks to make up for it. (And by make up for it, I mean eat at a slight deficit, or eat at maintenance while lifting weights.)

If you binge often, it's going to be hard for you. I think ultimately you're going to have to figure out and address the reasons why you binge in the first place.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    It takes up to 48 hours to fully digest food, but some of it enters your blood stream within minutes of eating it. When you have more in your bloodstream than you need, it starts to convert to fat. But why should you care if it is fat or something else? You're stuck with it either way.

Because i dont want to gain fat and mess up my progress. :(
  • taylorblade
    Options
    It's an ongoing process. The simple answer is about 12 hours from the time you eat till the time your body digests and turn the calories into fat.

The tricky part is that fat is easier to put on than to remove, sort of. Let me explain.

If you eat an extra 3500 Cal on a certain day, and don't exercise or lift weights, most of those extra calories will get stored as fat. So you've now gained a pound of fat.

All right, so you think if you don't eat for two days, you'll run a 3500 Cal deficit over those two days and lose the pound of fat you gained! No. Not really. Your body will burn some fat, but will also burn muscle. So at the end of all this you may weigh the same, but your body will still be 'fatter.'

It will take you longer to recover properly from a binge, than you spend binging. If you binge for two days, it will probably take your more like 1-2 weeks to make up for it. (And by make up for it, I mean eat at a slight deficit, or eat at maintenance while lifting weights.)

If you binge often, it's going to be hard for you. I think ultimately you're going to have to figure out and address the reasons why you binge in the first place.
    Hormonal imbalance i believe. :(
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What is your daily caloric goal? What is your weekly loss set at? How much did you eat for binge?
  • CEGrant501
    Options
    If that's your picture in your profile, you're pretty muscular. Are you lifting?

If you're a big lifter, you're going to need a lot of calories to maintain that. Is it possible that you aren't eating enough on a day to day basis, letting the hunger build up till it overwhelms you?
  • taylorblade
    Options
    What is your daily caloric goal? What is your weekly loss set at? How much did you eat for binge?

My weekly calorie goal i believe is 2,600 to 3,000 calories . My loss set is at 2,100 calories. I dont know how much i ate on my binge all i know is i ate cake drunk mountain dew ate a sausage and bread and some oatmeal and whole milk/almond milk and kashi go lean cereal. But i dont know how many calories in total! :( I'm really stressing right now and about to go insane! Because i'm struggling to remain in a deficit now.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Just what do you think you're going to be able to do to prevent it from turning into fat. And so what if it does? It can turn back into glucose when you need it.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    If that's your picture in your profile, you're pretty muscular. Are you lifting?

If you're a big lifter, you're going to need a lot of calories to maintain that. Is it possible that you aren't eating enough on a day to day basis, letting the hunger build up till it overwhelms you?
    Well i just started lifting weights. But most of my muscles come from bodyweight training.
  • taylorblade
    Options

Just what do you think you're going to be able to do to prevent it from turning into fat. And so what if it does? It can turn back into glucose when you need it.
    Really! So you mean i can burn this fat back off if it turn into glucose?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

My weekly calorie goal i believe is 2,600 to 3,000 calories . My loss set is at 2,100 calories. I dont know how much i ate on my binge all i know is i ate cake drunk mountain dew ate a sausage and bread and some oatmeal and whole milk/almond milk and kashi go lean cereal. But i dont know how many calories in total! :( I'm really stressing right now and about to go insane! Because i'm struggling to remain in a deficit now.

Let's go to step one because "I believe" is not really an answer that is conducive to informed answers.

Weight
    Number of pounds you set MFP to lose each week
    Activity level outside of exercise
  • CEGrant501
    Options
    He means by running a calorie deficit in the future, your body will turn the fat into energy.

I'm confused about your numbers. 2600-3100 Cal per day? Or week?
  • taylorblade
    Options

Really! So you mean i can burn this fat back off if it turn into glucose?

Let's go to step one because "I believe" is not really an answer that is conducive to informed answers.

Weight
    Number of pounds you set MFP to lose each week
    Activity level outside of exercise

Age 18
    Height 5,7
    Weight 161
    Number of pounds set to lose 1.5 pound a week.
    Activity level i workout every day!
    Activities i do is. 1. Run/sprint 2. Jump rope 3. Calisthenics/weight lifting. 4. I take kickboxing classes. I pace/walk outside six hours every night.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    He means by running a calorie deficit in the future, your body will turn the fat into energy.

I'm confused about your numbers. 2600-3100 Cal per day? Or week?

Like thats around my maintenance cals right there but every time I try to put myself in a deficit I binge eat the next day. Also I didnt tell you I accidentally put myself in a vlcd for a month straight last year.