Jawbone Up or new lifting shoes?

Options
Hey people!

I have about $80 in wellness money from my company, and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I've been wanting a fitness tracker for a while but I'm not 100% sure on their accuracy. I could also use a new pair of cross trainers as I've recently gotten more into strength training and am lifting in my old running shoes right now.

Anyone have a strong opinion?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    First, I'd at least use some of that money for a pair of Chucks or indoor soccer shoes (something with a hard sole and a flat heel). You'll enjoy squats and deadlifts a lot more. Full-on lifting shoes would most likely be overkill. Then I guess you could put the rest towards a fitness tracker.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Chucks or PF Flyers. I find PF flyers to be more durable than Chucks. When lifting, you want a flat soled shoe. For squatting you can get Olympic lifting shoes but are expensive. If you have poor ankle mobility, it might be worth the investment.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitness tracker, and I lift in bare feet, so I guess I'm not really much help. However, I did buy a pair of Van's with the intention of using them when I lift. What other options do you have that you can spend the money on?