would you consider 6 hours a week of exercise; 6 days?

Options
This is a really stupid question I know. But when figuring out TDEE IIFYM wants to know how you exercise by number of days.
I only can squeeze in 3-4 days a week but pull 5-6 hours a week of workouts because I work hard on the days I can.
I don't know how to calculate TDEE, since while I work out 3 days a week, I work out the equivalent of 6 days a week.

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    then look for a better calculator. like scooby's, exrx.net, or health-calc.com.
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would just pick something in the middle, like 5 days maybe, and then see if you're losing after a couple of week. If not, change it to 3 or 4. If you're losing too fast or feeling way too hungry, change it to 6.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Depending on your mentality you can either underestimate and lose a bit more or over estimate and lose a less. Either way the calculator is just an estimate to get you started. You will need to adjust the actual calorie goal several times depending on actual results.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    There's a good reason why MFP asks you to log your exercise like you do your food, and you have hit on it. However, I think IIFYM assumes about 45 minutes of exercise per day.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    There's a good reason why MFP asks you to log your exercise like you do your food, and you have hit on it. However, I think IIFYM assumes about 45 minutes of exercise per day.
    It asks you to log exercise because it utilizes net instead of TDEE method. Simple as that.