Looking for friends/ support on this weight loss journey

Hi MFP Community,
I am a 43 y.o. Mom of 3 children. I am 5'3" and have 60lbs to lose. I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do, it's just doing it, sticking with it and staying motivated. I get frustrated when I don't see results after busting my butt w/ diet & exercise. I would love some MFP friends to help me stay accountable & I will help you too. :)

Replies

• Dooneygirl23
    Dooneygirl23 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Calyspencer, I'm new too. I've only been using MFP for about five weeks, but it has changed the way I think about what I eat. We have many of the same characteristic you listed in your post. My plan is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I'm going for the slow steady approach of 1lb per week. So far, so good. I haven't introduced strenuous exercise yet. I've done that before with diets and this time I thought, changing my entire philosophy on food is a big enough hurdle to tackle alone. So, I'm trying to re-teach myself about nutrition before I stress out about anything else. In time I will expand my daily exercise to a plan that I know I can fit into my life forever. Although I’ve dieted in the past, I’ve never used an app like this before. At first I thought that it would be tedious logging everything that I ate, but honestly it become so natural to use it and it’s actually kinda fun.
  • calyspencer
    calyspencer Posts: 16 Member
    I am doing the same thing: focusing on getting my diet/ eating straight first, then adding the exercise. This will be a lifestyle change for me too- I never want to gain all this weight back again. I would love to help each other stay on track. I will try to add you as a friend; I'm educated but I'm not quite sure how to do this. Here goes...
  • Hi how long have you guys been trying to lose weight? I've been trying to lose weight for the last couple of months but have been struggling to keep on track - what's kept you on track?

Sarah
  • calyspencer
    calyspencer Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Sarah, This is my re-start. I am only on my second day. I used this app last year for approx 4 months had some success (lost 10lbs). Then I got plantar fascitis, stopped exercising, summer came & de-railed me. Gained it all back plus 2 lbs. :( This is my first time using the community & I think MFP friends will be helpful. I am determined to lose the weight this year. My motivation is wanting to feel & look better. I am practicing positive self- talk. Luckily I do not have any health issues & I don't want any. I've been doing this yo-yo thing for too long- I'm just tired of it. I wish everyone success.
  • Hi
    You too love. I know the feeling. Xmas always does me and I clap it on. Moral support is what I need - someone else that's doing it to help me through it and keep my focus.

Sarah
  • katie10101
    katie10101 Posts: 15 Member
    I've been on here this time since the beginning of the year. I have good incentive because I'm going home to the States, in June, for the first time in four years, and there's nothing like a good trip to get me started. Having said that, I'm making lifestyle changes (this time) that will stay with me forever. I, too, would love (and definitely need) support.
  • Hello all I'm new going to start today - I've got a lot to lose so I need to stay motivated. I've got till July when I go to Spain with my family. I would love some motivational tips and help x
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've been on 3 weeks. This is really helping a lot, and having friends makes it feel like a fun project instead of a chore. Any of you can feel free to add me if you like.

PS: Lyndalawton11, where in Spain are you going? We went a few years ago.
  • Hi.

For me it's staying focus and keeping on track with the right stuff
  • Hey all! Feel free to add me. I could always use the extra motivation :blush: