Problem adding new friends on IPad

Options
Hi everyone,

I've searched for people in my area to add as new friends but when I click on their screen name nothing happens and I can't see any other way of adding them? What am I doing wrong...if you're as technologically inept as me feel free to add me and we can support each other that way too haha!

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Replies

• nelliiann
    nelliiann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im having the same issue but on my iphone
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    There is a known issue on the mobile apps (Android and iOS) that have the in-app Community deployed that they are working to fix. Use the Web version on a computer (not a tablet) in the meantime to go to a person's profile and click "Add as Friend."
  • nelliiann
    nelliiann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Okay great to know, will do until they update this bug!Thank you so much
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can't click on people's profiles through the forums. But you can add people if you go back to the more page, then on the friends tab you can add people, you just have to remember the names. Or jot them down
  • NewMeComingS00n
    NewMeComingS00n Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks...just noticed these...didn't get a notification ironically haha!
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Same here on iPhone and all get notifications on new friends or messages
  • weehogiebear
    weehogiebear Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hold your finger on the persons name and select copy them go to friends and hit the + symbol and paste the name in! You might have to delete the first bit as it copies the whole address! Hope this helps add away
  • ozzyantoinette
    ozzyantoinette Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm having same trouble
  • ozzyantoinette
    Options
    weehogiebear is right I just tried it thanks
  • ozzyantoinette
    Options
    Hold your finger on the persons name and select copy them go to friends and hit the + symbol and paste the name in! You might have to delete the first bit as it copies the whole address! Hope this helps add away

Thank you
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Me, too. And if I have a friend request, I can't read the message. It only shows a small amount.

The work aound on my iPad: if you try to go to a profile from the forum, it sends you to the app, but not the person's profile. Then I go back to Safari and have to click the next link on the page that innocently says go to the mobile site, to continue. After that you can add a friend.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I just search their name and find their profile that way, then add them.
  • tonipas508
    tonipas508 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the info. I thought it was me and I just couldn't figure it out, lol.