am I over thinking this?

Options
Im doing p90x classic, not following the meal plan just eating 40/30/30 at a caloric deficit. So my problem this month has been waking up at 3am to work out with job start times changing, and kids, second job..etc.

my bright idea is if I can get in 1 or 2 workouts in durring the week and do 2 workouts in a row a day on saturday and sunday would it make a difference?

I'm just trying to figure out how to make this work any advise is welcomed. Im currently on phase 3 but plan on repeating the 90 days a few times.

Replies

• Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have not done p90x but I would think it would still work doing it as u mentioned. But u will probably be pretty sore come Monday, and b carefull not to burn yourself out :smile: good luck
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    There are many people that workout twice a day three times a week while others will train six days for one hour, or twice a week for an hour.... If your main goal is to lose weight it will not matter, overall activity for the week counts much more than how you schedule it.

I would advise to keep a close check on your progress and mood. If you start to get too tired or don't feel like exercising anymore you are probably overdoing it. I've gone thru periods of only working out two hours a week and I saw the same amount of progress than the times I worked out five hours a week because with plenty of rest my workouts will become more intense, with less rest in between I reach a point of exhaustion much faster.

Do what works, what keeps you going. Good luck
  • mrlspaul
    mrlspaul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    alereck wrote: »
    If your main goal is to lose weight it will not matter, overall activity for the week counts much more than how you schedule it.

I would advise to keep a close check on your progress and mood. If you start to get too tired or don't feel like exercising anymore you are probably overdoing it. I've gone thru periods of only working out two hours a week and I saw the same amount of progress than the times I worked out five hours a week because with plenty of rest my workouts will become more intense, with less rest in between I reach a point of exhaustion much faster.

Exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    alereck wrote: »
    There are many people that workout twice a day three times a week while others will train six days for one hour, or twice a week for an hour.... If your main goal is to lose weight it will not matter, overall activity for the week counts much more than how you schedule it.

While it is true that many people workout twice per day, doing the same exact thing is counterproductive...doing a weight lifting session in the AM for example and then doing the exact same thing later in the day is completely counterproductive. Going for a run in the AM and hitting the weight room in the PM is a different story.

I've never done P90X so I can't speak specifically to that...but it would seem that your muscles would need some recovery time...recovery is where you make your fitness gains.
  • mrlspaul
    mrlspaul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

While it is true that many people workout twice per day, doing the same exact thing is counterproductive...doing a weight lifting session in the AM for example and then doing the exact same thing later in the day is completely counterproductive. Going for a run in the AM and hitting the weight room in the PM is a different story.

I've never done P90X so I can't speak specifically to that...but it would seem that your muscles would need some recovery time...recovery is where you make your fitness gains.

Tuesday- chest and back (push ups, pull ups) Thursday- plyometrics (jumping, squats lunges)
    Saturday- arms and shoulders & legs and back
    (Saturday 2 workouts back to back)
    Sunday- walking, jogging or other light cardio

I'm going to try this keep watching the calories and macros. Once I can afford a barbell set up and power rack I want to follow the SL 5x5 program for 12 weeks.

thanks for the input.