Tired of my Own Inconsistency

Options
Just wanted to "out" myself on here, and share my motivation for today in the hopes that it can resonate for others:

I am tired of putting forth HALF effort, and then being disappointed with HALF results.

I am 40 pounds down from my top-weight, which is great and all, but I still have another 20 or 30 to lose before reaching a medically-sound goal weight (I am currently 185, 5'9" female, with 29% body fat).

The truth is: I have been "stuck" at this weight for OVER A YEAR...up and down within the 180s, but never busting my "plateau"...and I have blamed it on getting older (I am 30 yrs old), on having PCOS, and on a million other factors beyond my control...but the TRUTH IS:
I am NOT being CONSISTENT with staying within my calories!!!

On the plus side, at least I have been successful in maintaining my loss so far, which is great. But the REAL reason I am not "able" to lose the rest is because:
--I am not logging my cals/food ACCURATELY most days.
--I do not track my food (MFP or pen and paper) every day, only some days of the week.
--I am probably eating around 2500 cals some days (or more), and rarely staying within my MFP cals (1700) for the day.

In a way, it is LIBERATING to admit this: THERE IS A REASON THIS IS 'NOT WORKING', AND IT IS SOMETHING WITHIN MY CONTROL, WITHIN MY POWER TO CHANGE IT!

It's very easy for me to feel like I am "trying so hard", when really, I am only following my cal goals a couple days out of each week...therefore blowing my deficit on the other days...makes me feel like i am logging "all the time"...but is it REALLY all the time? NO.

So, I am back to "counting days"...keeping track of my many consecutive days I stay within my plan. I do this NOT to be rigid with myself, but to bring in some accountability, context, perspective, and honesty.

Anyone relate to this?

Replies

• Tricia_wright
    Tricia_wright Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yesssssss, I feel you. I feel like I'm stuck in this box. Nothing ever changing. The ups and downs. I'm ready to break out. I'm feeling sooooooo frustrated. Time for me to change today.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yesssssss, I feel you. I feel like I'm stuck in this box. Nothing ever changing. The ups and downs. I'm ready to break out. I'm feeling sooooooo frustrated. Time for me to change today.

Thanks for your reply Tricia! Like I said in my post, maintaining within a range is certainly NOT the worst thing in the world, but it makes you wanna "break out" like u said! You can do it! I can do it! We will get out of our own way ;)
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I definitely relate. Now that you have owned it - I am sure you will do better. :-)