How to gain w/o artificial gainers/proteins?

Options
let's talk about this…

Replies

• absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF PROTEIN. Now, if you would get all of your protein from meat, that would be expensive but don't forget that egg whites, peanut butter and milk are all glorious protein sources. :yum:Whole foods only.

Good luck!
    /Lifting girl
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Gain what? Weight? All you need is excess calories. Muscle? Resistance training and ENOUGH protein. You also need carbs and fats. BTW, you can get those from any foods you want.
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Basically what these^ guys said.
    Caloric surplus + protein.
    Load up on chicken and turkey as they're the leanest sources of protein, occasional red meat, milk, Greek yoghurt, low sodium cottage cheese (it creeps up on you), etc. You could always just google how to "clean bulk"
  • i8sushi
    i8sushi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about fat then sure eat lots in surplus of your daily intake. But if you are talking about building muscle then you will need to workout while taking adequate protein and eating in surplus.

Whey protein are just cheaper than buying meat, but food with high protein are things like white meat, red meat, soy beans, greek yoghurt etc. Add me I am willing to help if you want to build some muscle :).