Cardio

Options
How much cardio to do??
what machines are your favorites??
How many calories are you supposed to be burning?
Lets have a discussion about this.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    CDC recommendations:
    shh17ncm8o8j.jpg

80pxwadexbge.jpg

I don't go to a gym. I do all my workouts either at home or outside (weather permitting). I have a set of adjustable dumbbells (5-45lbs) and resistance bands for strength exercises.

I workout anywhere from 2hrs - 6+hrs a week. It varies depending on what's going on in my life at the time and how I'm feeling. I try to get a mixture of cardio and strength exercises in.

There is no recommendation on how many calories you should burn that I know of. The recommendations I have seen all revolve around amount of time spent exercising.

• KiiAttitude
    KiiAttitude Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love cardio , mainly interval cardio sessions. Body weight cardio! Any cardio :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You're not "supposed" to burn any specific amount of calories. Do as much (within reason) or as little as you like. It's great for your health.

Since it only aids me in weight loss and I severely dislike it, I do it like...3 times a week for a total of 2 hours. I hate it. I mess around with some intervals but honestly, I'm happy if I do it all. Even 100 calories gives me a little padding if I have an day of inaccurate logging.
  • trishaquint
    trishaquint Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, I like to walk the run then walk etc for about 40 mins. Only after weights tho!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, I like to walk the run then walk etc for about 40 mins. Only after weights tho!

Right. Get your lifts in first.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the arc trainer at Planet Fitness! I usually do 45 minutes of the weight loss program. It's awesome!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    How much cardio to do??
    what machines are your favorites??

Don't do much cardio. May be walk 30 minutes 2x a week. Today I shoveled snow.

Workout at home using adjustable dumbbells (5-90 lbs each), 45-60 minutes, 2 to 3x a week.

What are your goals?