Boob size

Options

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My cup size didn't change with the weight I've lost (I had a breast reduction in 2005, so they DID change then obviously...). The number has changed. I was a 38C and now I'm thinking I am heading towards a 34C because the 36C's I have are on the last hook and a little bit loose. Honestly, I don't want to lose my boobs. They can stay just as they are. LOL
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Your boobs are more tissue than fat thats why you kept them
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm actually the oppisite ! I had big boobs but I have lost a lot on them....I wish I hadn't really :(
  • sayteevah
    sayteevah Posts: 7
    Options
    Keep in mind, as a very young woman, that breast reduction surgery usually makes it difficult if not impossible to breastfeed when that time comes. My work is with pregnant women and those who have had it done had trouble making enough.
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    since breast tissue is fat, if you get your body fat low enough i'm sure that they will shrink. your breasts just must be one of the last places that the fat is used from.

however, i'm not a doctor, so you might want to go check with them.

This is not exactly true. Breasts are not just fat globs on the front of women; they come complete with the equipment to feed babies. Some of us store more fat there; some of us have more milking machines. Genetics.

But do talk to your doctor about breast feeding if you're going to get them reduced. I'm sure it can be done so that it doesn't interfere, but many women found out too late that the surgery that saved their social life in their teens deprived them of the ability to breast feed.
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I've only lost 17 pounds and mine are shrinking. They weren't that big to begin with, only a B cup! Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick where the weight we lost came from.

agreed! i was just filling in a c cup before i started losing weight and now im back to b! scared that the more i lose the more ill lose in my boobs and end up an a!
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I was at my biggest (220s) I was a 38D.
    Now, at my smallest (150) I'm a 36D. I really wish there was some way to target them because I feel that I look rather lopsided right now, like I look like an ice cream cone. A boob filled ice cream cone.
  • naravyn
    naravyn Posts: 3
    Options
    Here is a useful looking site with the measurement details. It even has a how to video. Hope this helps someone out there. This way you can measure yourself instead of relying on someone who might tell you the wrong thing just to make a sale.

http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html

Unfortunately, I don't know how to add as a link here yet, but you should be able to copy it to the address bar without much problem.
  • pdklmiller
    pdklmiller Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Smaller boobs from weight loss can often result in deflated boobs. It's not pretty. Trust me, you rather have not changed at all. that being said, after 2 years, mine are finally looking normal after a LOT of exercise and patience. I went from an H to a DD-DDD
  • vaguelovememos
    Options
    Honestly, my boobs keep changing size as I gain/lose weight. I'm originally very small (34A) so when I gain a couple pounds, I'm a 34B. I guess it all depends on where your body loses/gains weight first. Unfortunately, mine is my breasts. :[
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I clicked on it because it said "Boob size" Ill admit it. However, I didn't expect to see any boobs here but with some of the things these women talk about on here it's sometimes worth the click just to see what the crazy story is this time.

"Most men only post to say something like, "Look at my 6 pack", "don't these 'guns' look nice?" or "will she like me better if I have big muscles?" So, yea I find the crazy crap these talk about interesting!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    To the OP, yes, go somewhere else for your fitting. VS is not a friend to the big-busted gal.

I bought new bras after Christmas, right before I started losing weight. I think they're 38DDD or 40DD, can't remember which. When I bought them, I had to fasten them on the first hooks. Now, 20 pounds later, I'm fastening them on the last hooks and they're definitely getting a little loose around the girls. I'm not sure what size that makes me now, as I'm not ready to buy new bras quite yet, and haven't measured recently.

I'm hoping I'll get down to a 36C. I was a 36B for most of my life until I gained all this weight... but I'm pretty sure I won't get back down that low again.

My boobs were the first place that I gained my weight, so I'm guessing they'll be the last to go. Damn boobs.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm still a DD. It is starting to look really strange because my belly is getting smaller, almost looks like I got a boob job. I really hope they go down!!
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    I have them same problem as well. I am 5' 3" and I am a 38D. Doesnt matter what I weigh, the size doesnt go down.
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    I cant wear VS bras either. I am a 38D and have found the best fit at Fredericks.
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok Now I just wanna cry.. When I started this, I was SOO EXCITED that by boobs would be flyin' out the window.. and I would finally be able to buy a "regular" bra.. After reading this, my hopes have been smashed to a billion pieces.. *sigh*.. I, too, believe that as I lose weight, my boobs are getting bigger... which is REALLY depressing! I'd be willing to sell them if I could!

=)
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I cant wear VS bras either. I am a 38D and have found the best fit at Fredericks.

Im a 34dd and the only place I can find bra's that fit is Fredericks! I love that place!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    omg !! we have almost the exact same stats!!!!
    i am 5'2'' - 130 lbs - and 36D
    i actually tried on some new bras today and the 36D was a little lose -
    34D did it --- so no change in boobs for me either. (right now)
    are you measuring your busts every month or so in ur stats???

ALTHOUGH -
    when i lost weight the first time (like 5 years ago...) my boobs went from a size 36C to 36B
    so who knows????? I was obviously younger then and lost more weight than i have now.

hope that helps!
  • jkldsmom
    jkldsmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Couple of things:

-Odds are that you weren't really a 36D to begin with. You were probably bigger and wearing old, stretched out bras that were 'sort of working'. So you've decreased in size more than you might think.

-Even if you had a been a 36D and are now a 34D, your breast did get smaller right along with your ribcage. Otherwise, you'd be a 34DD or 34DDD. So take heart!

-I don't think that VS does the best job of measuring people. And the style of a particular bra can influence the size you need as well. Try going to a good old fashioned foundation store and get properly measured there.

You may always be busty. I am too. Even at my thinnest, running 25 miles a week and doing a few half-marathons per year, I never got below a DD.