Weight loss & breast loss?

Options

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    When my boobs went from small to smaller, I cried. I'm not normally the type of person to go crying over how my body looks, so I was surprised at myself. I was surprised I felt like less of a woman and they were actually small enough for me to be a little embarrassed being seen naked. At the time my whole body was changing and looking a little funky though, and it just all shocked me.

Fast forward 20 pounds later, the boobs are teeny tiny. Do I get jealous of C cups sometimes? Yes. But, I have these hips. I'm going to get the butt of my dreams. We can't all have it all.

I've always had A cups. nothing wrong with them or anything to be embarassed by. I like them. They will never sag, whereas chicks my age with bigger ones are saggy.

I think fake implants are lame. They are not part of a human body. Will stick with my real ones even though they are small.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    It's not the size its the length I am worried about. :\

This is my biggest fear when it comes to boobs and my after body! My family is naturally big chested though, so I am hoping it won't be too much of a difference. My husband agrees ;)

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    jsecret wrote: »
    Boobs are fat sadly enough, so in any weight loss you will lose fat everywhere. Boobs included. :( If I could keep my boobs and give up my thighs/hips I gladly would! lol

and glandular tissue. people will have different proportions of fat to glandular tissue and this will affect how much you lose in terms of cup size. personally, i have TONS of glandular tissue so after losing roughly 60 lbs i have went from squeezing out of a 42N to comfortably fitting a 40M.

needless to say, when i reach goal weight, one of two things will happen. either i will retain breast mass because of the glandular tissue and have a breast reduction, or i'll have lost so much breast mass i'll have two empty socks i can tuck into my pants pockets. hard to predict which.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    KokowithaK wrote: »
    The important thing for you (IMO) would be to continue being supportive of what she has regardless. I say this only because if my SO came out and said he'd be excited if I got my boobs done, the first thing that would come out of my mouth is 'and what's wrong with them now???'. Or if he agreed with me that they were too small, that'd just make me even more depressed about the situation. It's definitely a tricky balance!

Also to note, a lot of people are saying there's 'nothing you can do'. Well, implants are a thing. I honestly wish the negative perception and stigma would go away. Others have noted that the small breast issue has made them feel like less of a woman or less of the person they want to be, and that's what I'm going through. I don't feel as attractive, especially when I'm in front of the mirror naked. I can put on push-up bra after push-up bra but at the end of the day, when I'm changing, I'm left with something I'm not happy with. And if I have the power (and money) to change it, why not?
    There should be no stigma. There is nothing wrong with implants. If it makes somebody happier or more confident, they should do it if they can afford it. I don't understand why anybody would have an issue with this.

because it's a foreign object in your body? it's not real. not a fan, unless someone loses them to cancer.
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was a C-cup during most of my adult life until I started the middle age spread. The weight went to my breasts, increasing to a D-cup. My friends asked if I had gotten a boob job. I became a DD seemingly overnight, and I also gained an incredible backside--round and firm. After losing 50 pounds, my breasts and butt have return to form, and I am thankful for that.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I lose my boobs when I lose weight. I learned to accept my body as it is. You have 3 choices: 1) accept it 2) stay fat 3) implants
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Girls you gotta realise even if your breast size decreases, no matter what, being smaller overall brings them back to proportion and sometimes in comparison to a flatter stomach makes them appear bigger anyway ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've stayed pretty much the same. My band size has changed but not cup size. I've never been greatly endowed, other than while pregnant and nursing, so it's not really something I pay much attention to. However, I can see how a woman could feel a bit conflicted about it, especially if she's always been bigger on top. Beyond how you look naked, chest size very much affects how clothes fit. If somebody wants implants, fine by me. I don't find that choice less worthy (can't think of a better word) than getting a tummy tuck, which would be my cosmetic surgery of choice :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Girls you gotta realise even if your breast size decreases, no matter what, being smaller overall brings them back to proportion and sometimes in comparison to a flatter stomach makes them appear bigger anyway ;)

Not for all of us. I've got 39 inch hips to contend with and 34 inch thighs (and only 5 pounds away from goal).
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in high school, from a 36B/34C to a 30C (can sort of get away with 32B, which is nice because they're cheaper).

I have stayed at 30C now with a weight range of 30 pounds back upward. Currently losing some of that. Still 30C.

My body is weird.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in high school, from a 36B/34C to a 30C (can sort of get away with 32B, which is nice because they're cheaper).

I have stayed at 30C now with a weight range of 30 pounds back upward. Currently losing some of that. Still 30C.

My body is weird.

So the cup size of a 30C and 32B is the same right? When I was shrinking I got all confused and bought a 32C which was obviously wrong. Don't think I could squeeze in a 30 band. I measure about 31 in. where the band lies.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

My body is weird.

So the cup size of a 30C and 32B is the same right? When I was shrinking I got all confused and bought a 32C which was obviously wrong. Don't think I could squeeze in a 30 band. I measure about 31 in. where the band lies.

Supposedly. I think my 32Bs are a *little* bigger, but that might just be because the band (on the tightest setting) is loose. (This is true across brands.) My boobs don't sit quite right in them, so there can be a gap on top when I bend over in particular, and the straps slide down my shoulders a little. And I'm pretty used to that, so sometimes I find myself thinking the 30C is too small so should I try a 30D (spoiler alert: I am not a 30D :p ).

The subreddit r/abrathatfits has some great resources for measuring bra size more accurately, if you're interested. Check out the guides in the right hand toolbar! :)
  • arditarose
    Options

My body is weird.

Supposedly. I think my 32Bs are a *little* bigger, but that might just be because the band (on the tightest setting) is loose. My boobs don't sit quite right in them, so there can be a gap on top when I bend over in particular, and the straps slide down my shoulders a little. And I'm pretty used to that, so sometimes I find myself thinking the 30C is too small so should I try a 30D (spoiler alert: I am not a 30D :p ).

The subreddit r/abrathatfits has some great resources for measuring bra size more accurately, if you're interested. Check out the guides in the right hand toolbar! :)

Ah thanks! Yeah I guess it might just depend on your frame as well. I mean, I look ridiculous in a 34A. A 30C just SOUNDS more appealing than the 32B ha.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sigh......unfortunately, I went from a nice B to a small A
  • bjankabanjac
    bjankabanjac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I was at my highest weight, I had huge boobs and wore a D size. I lost so much weight and they shrank so much. Now I wear size B. They sagged at first since I was dropping the weight rapidly, but eventually they got better. I'm not disappointed, and you shouldn't be either, it takes some time to adjust to it and there are many benefits to having a smaller bust.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    KokowithaK wrote: »
    [

The important thing for you (IMO) would be to continue being supportive of what she has regardless. I say this only because if my SO came out and said he'd be excited if I got my boobs done, the first thing that would come out of my mouth is 'and what's wrong with them now???'. Or if he agreed with me that they were too small, that'd just make me even more depressed about the situation. It's definitely a tricky balance!

Oh no doubt...tricky situation indeed. But what if your SO came out and said he's against your decision? How would that make you feel?

My stance is this...and it is like my uncle told me on my wedding day, "If momma ain't happy ain't NOBODY happy." :D

So I support her decision if she decides to move forward.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I was small to begin with, so not much change there for me :P But I do hope they wont shrink anymore.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have lost my boobs now - from an F cup originally to about a C now , and my round bottom is now flat. I was very curvy at 194lb but at 149lb am like an ironing board. I am losing weight for my health, but I actually liked my body better before when I had shape.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I have lost my boobs now - from an F cup originally to about a C now , and my round bottom is now flat. I was very curvy at 194lb but at 149lb am like an ironing board. I am losing weight for my health, but I actually liked my body better before when I had shape.

C's are not like an ironing board. F's would look out of proportion on 149 lbs
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Lost 90+ pounds...went down one band size, but that was it.

Very little change in that area for me.

I'm not surprised. My body type is similar to my grandmother's. She is very thin with huge breasts.

I'm nearly 40 but don't have much sag in spite of being a DDD.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!