15 months and 85 pounds (LONG with lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• shanrennbing
    shanrennbing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have never commented on a post, just read them. This is so inspiring and I hope I can one day make a similar post!
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great story, and you look wonderful.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    jontucc wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your story. Very inspiring, you have achieved so much.

Can I ask how often you work out and for how long?

I work out 5-6 days per week. Some days I just walk or run. I work out with my trainer twice a week, and also fit in 1 or 2 kettle bell classes a week, depending upon what days I am working that week.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed your story. Sounds like you also chose a great trainer!! Congrats on everything.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed. I have just started lifting, and intently reading weightlifting posts on these boards. Just so happened to come across your pistol squat video from a different post and thought "what's a pistol squat, let me check this out.." watched your video, but was completely unappreciative as to how difficult they are (which to me says that you made them look fluid and almost easy). Well, the very next day, my trainer just happened to say "let's start on pistol squats..."

Oh. My. God. I couldn't even. Heck, even my trainer has difficulty with those things.

Not to mention my deadlifts, I started at like 55 pounds and my one rep max after a couple months is 120. Geesh.

Keep up the great work and keep posting your progress! What a great job, and congratulations!
  • Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations on your success!!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed. I have just started lifting, and intently reading weightlifting posts on these boards. Just so happened to come across your pistol squat video from a different post and thought "what's a pistol squat, let me check this out.." watched your video, but was completely unappreciative as to how difficult they are (which to me says that you made them look fluid and almost easy). Well, the very next day, my trainer just happened to say "let's start on pistol squats..."

Oh. My. God. I couldn't even. Heck, even my trainer has difficulty with those things.

Not to mention my deadlifts, I started at like 55 pounds and my one rep max after a couple months is 120. Geesh.

Keep up the great work and keep posting your progress! What a great job, and congratulations!

It just takes time, work, and dedication. You'll get there! It's so sweet of you to say I made the pistol look easy. It's definitely work! In fact, my trainer is doing them with a 40 kg bell at the moment (working towards the 48) and it amazes me how easy he makes that look compared to mine!

I have done countless squats, both one and two legs, some with the TRX, some with boxes, and some without. I have gone pretty heavy with the goblet squats (2 legs). We've worked on flexibility and mobility and anything else you can imagine.

As for the DLs, it's the same thing! Even though I hadn't been doing traditional weight lifting for the first year of this journey, the kettle bells have given me a huge foundation to work off of for all the other stuff. Trust me, if I had started out at the beginning doing deads, there is no way I would have been able to pull that much weight the first time out. You'll continue to progress and be doing more and more before you know it!
  • webby314
    webby314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I loved the pictures and the play by play, month to month progress of how you did it. I'm glad you chose to keep going, instead of giving up in October. I think sometimes our bodies just need to adjust to the changes we make.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wish you great success as you continue towards your goals. You have convinced me that you can do anything!
  • litaliujenkins
    litaliujenkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    At the Colorado picture I found myself thinking "wow" but then I reached the photo of the pistol squat... OH MY WORD! Incredible! You look so strong! Fantastic and honest story. Thank you! :)
  • sdurrahMpls
    sdurrahMpls Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE your story, because it's not just about losing weight, but becoming strong and powerful. This felt like I was reading from personal experience. How beautiful your achievements have been!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Wow. Way to go!
    I, too, really like the top of the mountain picture. :smile:
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    epido wrote: »

It just takes time, work, and dedication. You'll get there! It's so sweet of you to say I made the pistol look easy. It's definitely work! In fact, my trainer is doing them with a 40 kg bell at the moment (working towards the 48) and it amazes me how easy he makes that look compared to mine!

I have done countless squats, both one and two legs, some with the TRX, some with boxes, and some without. I have gone pretty heavy with the goblet squats (2 legs). We've worked on flexibility and mobility and anything else you can imagine.

As for the DLs, it's the same thing! Even though I hadn't been doing traditional weight lifting for the first year of this journey, the kettle bells have given me a huge foundation to work off of for all the other stuff. Trust me, if I had started out at the beginning doing deads, there is no way I would have been able to pull that much weight the first time out. You'll continue to progress and be doing more and more before you know it!

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely keep your success in my mind as I
    forge on!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved your story and how you narrated it throughout your journey. I appreciate you sharing your story and helping to inspire me and others. I think I need to kick up my kettlebell training a few notches and quit being lazy about it! It is evident from your story that they can be a great benefit in building a strong foundation in which to transition into other lifting and strength training, which is my ultimate goal. Thank you for sharing!
  • RRBww
    RRBww Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! So many victories!
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have goosebumps! So inspirational. Seriously, well done.
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. You're honestly such an inspiration.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Wow, so strong! I've been lifting on and off for almost three years and I'm at a little bit below your STARTING deadlift weight! I know you'd been using the kettlebells so weren't starting from nothing, but still - that's hugely impressive.

Funnily enough, I've just started using kettlebells this week and loved them. You've inspired me to really get into them. I don't think I'll ever have your results, but it's something to try to aim towards. Thank you!
  • sandraakrueger
    sandraakrueger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have just motivated me to get moving....thanks for sharing your success story....keep it going....you're so inspirational!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!