Toning Midriff

Options
Hi, I have a question about reducing that pesky midriff. I'm starting on my third week of consistent exercise; "Walk a Mile" videos (5 miles each) twice a week, 45 minutes of water aerobic twice a week, and 30 minutes of yoga one day a week. Also making an honest effort to eat healthier, some days better than others. My question is......does anyone know if any of these workouts will reduce the midriff? I can see some results on my thighs, hips and backside, but my middle has not seen any change. Any suggestions on some other exercise or am I just being impatient? Any ideas and input are welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You cannot spot reduce fat from any area of your body. You can strengthen and/or build muscle in specific areas but until you lose the fat you'll still be soft/squishy.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Fat loss (and fat gain) is a slow process.. and not all body parts lean out at the same place. As you've probably noticed in other people, the middle is where many people hold weight. If you're seeing results anywhere, you're making progress.
    All activity burn calories, and a calorie deficit leads to fat loss.. so yes, those exercises are helping. The only thing i would add is some strength training every 2-3 days, to keep a high metabolism and be fit. For a simple at-home workout, google "Nerd Fitness".
  • shamrocker1
    shamrocker1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you very much! I appreciate your advice! I'll be patient and keep working hard!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    i run and do weights and add in anything else I can I also do 4 school runs a day and my issue is lower abs from bellybutton down to pelvic bone and I must say ive been at this journey almost a year and only now am I starting to see real results in fat loss on my stomach and have around 5-10lbs to lose so this really is the very last place im losing fat. Keep at it and tell yourself everyday you are 1 day closer don't give up hope because consistency in logging and moving and also drink lots of water and you will get there.