TGI Fridays Calories

Hi all, just a quick question about the calories in TGI Fridays meals.
I'm going there tonight for my birthday meal, and the UK restaurants don't provide their calorie information, so I'm going off the info from the American menu.
I'm just wondering if people know if the calories provided for the things like the ribs eg 1530 for the Jack Daniels ribs, does this include the chips and onion rings that come with the meal? Or is this number for the ribs alone (seems quite high for just ribs) and I'll have to count the chips and things separately.
Thank you!

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I think it's just the ribs
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    be careful with using American trackers for UK foods - Don't forget there will be nutritional and probably size differences - whenever I've been to the US, portions have been huge compared to here and the ingredients are often different because there are differences in what we/they are and aren't allowed to put into food.
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I think it's just the ribs

Ouch, thank you!
    lieajane wrote: »
    be careful with using American trackers for UK foods - Don't forget there will be nutritional and probably size differences - whenever I've been to the US, portions have been huge compared to here and the ingredients are often different because there are differences in what we/they are and aren't allowed to put into food.

Cheers Jane, yeh I figured this might be the case, but still wanted to vaguely track it. At least if the USA calories are higher it's better for me to over estimate :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    It usually says in the calorie info that the sides aren't included since you can pick what sides you want.
  • Alluminati
    I remember going there with Co workers on the fly and ordering the craft burger without checking the menu. That *kitten* alone was 1200. I was so pissed at myself. Tgif seems to have higher calories than most.
  • tweekedgirl
    randomtai wrote: »
    It usually says in the calorie info that the sides aren't included since you can pick what sides you want.

See it does say that on some of the things like the grills and the sandwiches, but not on the burgers and ribs, which is why I thought they might be the entire meal?
    I remember going there with Co workers on the fly and ordering the craft burger without checking the menu. That *kitten* alone was 1200. I was so pissed at myself. Tgif seems to have higher calories than most.

Yeh, looking at some of the stuff on the menu, it's crazy!
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Don't stress about Cals on your birthday it's your birthday , I don't know what method - diet - are you using .. It's good to have a refed day going over you Cals
  • Alluminati
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Don't stress about Cals on your birthday it's your birthday , I don't know what method - diet - are you using .. It's good to have a refed day going over you Cals
    OP doesn't seem like she's stressing. She just wants to log her food as accurately as she can. Ain't nothing wrong with that, as I do the same....even when splurging.

• vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    vfit10 wrote: »
    OP doesn't seem like she's stressing. She just wants to log her food as accurately as she can. Ain't nothing wrong with that, as I do the same....even when splurging.
    It's fine if she wants to track I'm just giving my opinion ... But personally I won't worry about it at all
  • tweekedgirl
    Cheers for the help guys, and yeh vift, no stressing here, just like to keep my diary accurate :)

Tracked the whole meal at about 2500, which for TGIs is pretty reasonable I think xD
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi all, just a quick question about the calories in TGI Fridays meals.
    I'm going there tonight for my birthday meal, and the UK restaurants don't provide their calorie information, so I'm going off the info from the American menu.
    I'm just wondering if people know if the calories provided for the things like the ribs eg 1530 for the Jack Daniels ribs, does this include the chips and onion rings that come with the meal? Or is this number for the ribs alone (seems quite high for just ribs) and I'll have to count the chips and things separately.
    Thank you!

You can get uk nutritional info off the net. Don't use the American cals, they're different.
  • tweekedgirl
    You can get uk nutritional info off the net. Don't use the American cals, they're different.

The UK TGI restaurants don't publicly post the nutritional info of their meals.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member

I just noticed this, but really want TGI Fridays for a date next weekend. I'd have to go 3500 calories over my my weekly goal though to ruin that week?

I don't want to just stick to JD Wetherspoons etc x

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I'm in the uk, I've found nutritional info for TGIs.
  • tweekedgirl
    TavistockToad, please can you provide the link for me? We go quite often so it would be handy, and their official website doesn't provide them. They helpfully say they don't show calories but instead offer smaller meals if people want them!