Cosplay or halloween after weightloss

Options
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but I feel like my weight and size limits my options. I know a lot of people will think just be it anyway, but most costumes stop at XL and the plus size ones don't have the same effect. I've decided to be inspired instead of settle. I want to be healthy over all as my goal with the side effect of looking great in a halloween costume that I want.

Also, I told my friends I would go to a comicon type convention and dress up with them if I reach my goal.

Anyone else have similar motivations or would like to to dress up as something they couldn't before because of their weight?

What WILL you be this year after your weightloss?

Replies

• FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to getting dressed up in my raving gear again and turning some heads ;-)

Mostly though, I just want to be at the right weight to box... That's my main motivation
  • bakesb73
    bakesb73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Everything about your post sounds awesome. And thanks for posting. This was my first discussion thread I made I was scared no one would post
  • VeganChristy
    VeganChristy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every year there's this raging Halloween ball in the city & all the super hot 20 year old's go & have the night of their life. It sounds so fun! My husband & I got married very young and had four kids in seven years. I was the fat, frumpy, exhausted mom. I would hear about this party on the radio & it would make me feel terrible about myself.

This year we're going! I'm going to find the hottest costume ever & we're going to party with people half our age, lol. We'll probably never do something like this again, haha, but I can't wait! :smiley:
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Christy that's awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I hope you have a blast. Do you have any idea of what you and your husband are being yet?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Every year there's this raging Halloween ball in the city & all the super hot 20 year old's go & have the night of their life. It sounds so fun! My husband & I got married very young and had four kids in seven years. I was the fat, frumpy, exhausted mom. I would hear about this party on the radio & it would make me feel terrible about myself.

This year we're going! I'm going to find the hottest costume ever & we're going to party with people half our age, lol. We'll probably never do something like this again, haha, but I can't wait! :smiley:

Lol I did this last year for the first time, being a mom young and never doing the "club thing". I was miserable, it was crowded and I felt like an old fogey who just wanted to go home and get in bed. LOL :p
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about Halloween!

I'm going to be Ariel!!! I've wanted to every year, but my weight always stopped me. This year I should be at my goal by then!
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Halloween is a big motivator for me. I dressed as Claire from Outlander this year, and while a corset helped, it doesn't do a damn thing for my extra chins. :neutral_face:

10645076_10203730889445133_4222033785005632621_n_zps4jovv7f3.jpg

553243_10203730606278054_2538027413437912596_n_zpshuv8qp3j.jpg

Inspiration:

10374473_10203622338371424_7204326069243097049_n_zpsdz44l4vg.jpg
  • bakesb73
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about Halloween!

I'm going to be Ariel!!! I've wanted to every year, but my weight always stopped me. This year I should be at my goal by then!

Halloween is the best! And Ariel is a great costume to motivate you to do your best to lose weight. I imagine the tail is going to be tricky! And if you go to a party an there's someone you don't want to talk to you can just pretend your voice is stolen
  • bakesb73
    edited January 2015
    Options
    timorous that is fantastic! I just recently saw that show an that's pretty spot on and you look beautiful in it (don't tell my wife
  • bakesb73
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My last post keeps getting cut off I don't know how fix it?? Sorry this is my first thread and I don't know how to work it yet :-(
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I want to cosplay Sheik (Ocarina of Time) and Samus from my favorite video games. And Detective Karrin Murphy from the Dresden Files. Sarah Connor & Ellen Ripley too, of course. Plus any elf, mage, warrior, ranger, assassin, rogue etc that happens to strike my fancy.
  • abbymercer1
    abbymercer1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am into cosplay and I don't limit it to halloween. :) I went to my first convention last year and I am totally hooked, but yes, I do agree about being limited to what you can wear as a plus size person. I did find something in the end but it would have looked so much better if I was smaller. Unfortunately I can't go to the convention this year as I am away on holiday, but I will be taking a couple of costumes with me. :)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Cosplay has been inspiring for me before :) They give me more kick when the convention date is near!
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Ahh codi that's awesome I'm glad there's someone in our group that wants to do that too! And that's a lot of possibilities for costumes. I hope you reach your goal and go as one of them this year!

Abby what did you end up going as an I'm glad to hear it got you hooked and wasn't disappointing!
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Bunbunz what have you cosplay as before? You don't have to share pics like timorous(which were great btw) but I'd like to know. An also what you will like to do next.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Bakes! My husband's a great sport about "playing dressup" with me. We were Kaylee & Jayne for the Philly Comic Con.

10384667_10202819689305699_8912484186782860304_n_zpsjuxhkzqs.jpg

And the Mountain to my femme version of Oberyn Martell.

10672126_10203683483180006_1279769876729911527_n_zpskvyxegjm.jpg

oberyn2_zpssof0fvbm.jpg

We (read: I ) want to do Vikings this year.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    bakesb73 wrote: »
    Bunbunz what have you cosplay as before? You don't have to share pics like timorous(which were great btw) but I'd like to know. An also what you will like to do next.

I've done many cosplays. But cosplaying Kitana from Mortal kombat was when I really had to work for it x) I'm going to do her another outfit this fall. Not sure about other costumes yet..
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Catwoman by next halloween is the goal! Im so determined and so stoked to try and reach that goal!!!!!!!
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Timorous the philly comicon would be the one I go too I live right across the bridge in nj! An again those are awesome. We love GoT and Vikings are one of my to dos also.

Bunbunz kitana is a bold choice! I wouldn't be able to do a mortal kombat character this year bc most of them are shirtless an I'm not ready for that yet. Maybe Raiden
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Ashes I do love the superhero world of cosplay good choice! Once I reach my goal they will probably be the majority of my choices