Cosplay or halloween after weightloss

Options

Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    bakesb73 wrote: »
    Timorous the philly comicon would be the one I go too I live right across the bridge in nj! An again those are awesome. We love GoT and Vikings are one of my to dos also.

Bunbunz kitana is a bold choice! I wouldn't be able to do a mortal kombat character this year bc most of them are shirtless an I'm not ready for that yet. Maybe Raiden

Yeah she is :) But I really liked cosplaying her, she's the only cosplay I've redone and reused ever :D And still going to continue :P Just hoping I can build some more muscle to look more like her..
    And it's true most of them are practically shirtless but there are a lot of characters and costumes to pick from :)

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am gonna try and cosplay Misty Knight this year at NYCC :)
  • abbymercer1
    abbymercer1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didn't go as any particular character due to the limits of finding anything in my size, but I found a nice black dress and teamed it with a long black wig. I will dig out a picture. :)
  • bakesb73
    bakesb73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Randomtai is that a huge one? I imagine it'd be one of the largest in the country.

Abby you can just post one after your next comicon
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Randomtai is that a huge one? I imagine it'd be one of the largest in the country.

Abby you can just post one after your next comicon

Yup, not as big as SDCC or DragonCon but it's getting up there. I went 2 years ago and cannot wait to go back in costume :D
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Abby thanks for sharing you look like a Death eater from Harry Potter
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay! I promised myself that I would buy a new cosplay once I reach goal weight but I honestly have no idea who I would suit, since I don't know what my body shape will be. In the past I've cosplayed as a few anime characters and also as Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time. I'm leaning towards maybe cosplaying as an Avenger (probably a female version as my breasts have always been too big for binders). I'm down to 167lbs from 211lbs with a goal of 140lbs so I really need to start thinking about who to cosplay!
    Here's me as Lumpy Space Princess (at 200lbs, urhg) in case anyone wanted to see. Painting my skin purple was the hardest part, haha. 4lk6mgvtxomi.jpg
  • abbymercer1
    abbymercer1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am actually very jealous of my son who is going to MCM in May with a friend. I wish I could go with them but I wasn't invited. :(
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Marzi congratulations on your weightloss so far very impressive. And it does look like the painting would be very tedious lol and thank you for sharing. I you're open to costumes outside of avengers but still superhero so think you could make a good kitty pride from Xmen. And when you get to your goal weight the xmen uniform would really show of your accomplishment
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Abby I would love to see what most ppl cosplay as over in London. You could always happen to go and run into them lol
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Marzi congratulations on your weightloss so far very impressive. And it does look like the painting would be very tedious lol and thank you for sharing. I you're open to costumes outside of avengers but still superhero so think you could make a good kitty pride from Xmen. And when you get to your goal weight the xmen uniform would really show of your accomplishment

Thank you! I'm not an Xmen fan, unfourtunately... but yeah, I do want something that can show off what I'll have achieved. Maybe I could try Black Widow or Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist...
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Ahh lust would be a great one. I like fma but I don't think there's a char Id cosplay from there. I was thinking of Maybe dabbling in naruto Dbz or Kenshen if I were to do an anime
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love how geeky this is. <3 These are lovely pictures, too.

I just want to fit into one of my bodices this year without it looking insane or making me look inhuman, which, as a squishy person, happens way too much. I have one with extra panels attached from a similar style bodice and would like to make it so that i can get rid of those, too.

One of these days I need to come up with a creative cosplay for the convention I work at.
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did Christine from The Phantom of the Opera last year but I was fat!Christine. I'd like to dress up again but as a more believable ballet girl this time, lol. I'd also like to dress up as Columbia from Rocky Horror, I think that'd be fun.
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Njgamer I had to look up what a bodice is. I always thought tht was a corset
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Again it seems like my post was cut in half. Maybe it's my phone an I just can't see it? Hopefully I'm not double posting.
    Nj gamer what was the costume that you wore that needed that?

Paper wings that's a good idea I never seen anyone be Christine. Can you sing like her too!?

• NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Again it seems like my post was cut in half. Maybe it's my phone an I just can't see it? Hopefully I'm not double posting.
    Nj gamer what was the costume that you wore that needed that?

Paper wings that's a good idea I never seen anyone be Christine. Can you sing like her too!?

A corset is usually strapless and can go under or over the bust and down to the hips. They lace up in the back. A bodice tends to stop at the waist and usually has straps. They are mostly under the bust and also lace up in the front. It's subtle, but corsets didn't really exist until later. Oh, historically, a corset is worn under clothing traditionally as shapewear, whereas a bodice was acceptable to be worn visibly.

It's for Renaissance Faire. I try and make it every year. I've also worn full garb for certain conventions here in NJ. I love dressing up but don't get the opportunity to do it much.

Rocky Horror! I haven't been to a live show in so long! <3
  • amgjb
    amgjb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Haha, that's funny I was inspired by the same thing I dressed up as Mr T this past Halloween and had a great time but had to admit Mr T had gone to seed a bid so I promised myself that for 2015 I would go to the next party as Bain but would look the part. That's was 18 weeks and approaching 42 pounds ago!!

Amazing how silly things can kick start your motivation!

Good luck
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Wow amg congrats on the weightloss! An you can't go wrong with Bain. We now have a cat woman and Bain in this thread. Any batman or robin? Lol